01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera Firmware

jjmsau

Forgive another post that asks "what is the latest ..." I can see the recent post on the G1 cameras, so I think I know where to find the latest for one set of my cameras, but the other less so.

Looking for the latest firmware for these camera models:

* DS-2DE4A220IW-DE
* DS-2CD2385FWD-I

For the DS-2CD2385FWD-I ... is the latest G1 firmware been tested and all good?

My NVR: DS-7608NI-I2 ... and I've been happily sitting on V4.1.67 build 181106 for my firmware .. should I update that before I update the two cameras above?

Thanks in advance (and as always!) for the collective wisdom here!

Latest Firmware links below:

DS-2DE4A220IW-DE
DS-2CD2385FWD-I

The G1 firmware has been tested and is working on all our office G1 cameras

We would recommend updating the NVR firmware (v4.21.008) but some customers have reported that updating to the v4.21.xxx firmware has stopped live event markers in playback for smart events (e.g. motion detection, line crossing, etc...), so if that feature is important to you at the moment stay on the current firmware. (Hikvision are working on a fix for a later firmware release)

Really appreciate - but on the NVR matter, yes, I rely on line crossings, etc, so I won't upgrade the NVR firmware as yet. May I check @Dan ... for DS-2DE4A220IW-DE, the latest firmware remains: V5.6.0 build 190128 ? I thought it had been updated more recently, but it appears the Euro site suggests otherwise.

Last edited:
Really appreciate this Dan - but on the NVR matter, yes, I rely on line crossings, etc, so I won't upgrade the NVR firmware as yet.

Ok, just to make it clear it is only the smart event markers in the playback view that don't work on the latest firmware, you can still record by any smart event and you can still receive push & email notifications from event triggers.

Also ... Dan ... am I missing something? Latest version of IVMS 4200 for Mac ... downloaded, installed, and now no cameras in live view. All mine are connected to NVR directly and form part of the CloudP2P Hik-Vision ... have I missed something with this new version?

You have to drag each camera you want to view in iVMS-4200 into the live view window for them to play the live view, if you are using iVMS-4200 on a Mac that is inside your network range then you can add the cameras without P2P being enabled, if you want to add cameras to iVMS on a remote Mac then you will need to port forward the cameras because P2P connection is only for the mobile app - Hik-connect.

You have to drag each camera you want to view in iVMS-4200 into the live view window for them to play the live view, if you are using iVMS-4200 on a Mac that is inside your network range then you can add the cameras without P2P being enabled

Thanks Dan ... the issue (I think) for me ... can't see any cameras. Presume this is because each is plugged directly into PoE ports on NVR and they are under a different IP range to the rest of the network. That is, no cameras are appearing from me to drag in.

Being directly connected shouldn't cause a problem, if you add the whole NVR then all the cameras should be added along with it. You are on the very late v2.0.0.10 version of iVMS-4200 for Mac? because some users had reported issues with other recent versions similar to the issue you are seeing which from our testing has now bee fixed with v10 - Client Software-Hikvision UK & Ireland

Yes - latest v2.0.0.10 ... NVR device successfully added, I can do remote config, etc for NVR.. but none of the cameras (which are on a different subnet) appear in either Main View or Device Management ... just the NVR.

... error code I receive is: libHCNetSDK.dylib ... Failed to send data to device. Constantly being asked for my Mac admin password when moving between settings in IVMS.

Latest Firmware links below:

DS-2DE4A220IW-DE
DS-2CD2385FWD-I

The G1 firmware has been tested and is working on all our office G1 cameras

We would recommend updating the NVR firmware (v4.21.008) but some customers have reported that updating to the v4.21.xxx firmware has stopped live event markers in playback for smart events (e.g. motion detection, line crossing, etc...), so if that feature is important to you at the moment stay on the current firmware. (Hikvision are working on a fix for a later firmware release)

There may also be a problem with adding new cameras with older firmware. I guess that is still being investigated?

Back