01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera suggestion needed (with 16mm lens)

Jan J

Centurion!
Trusted Member
A year ago. I had a HikVision camera with 16MM lens die.
It was 1920x1080/30 (NTSC) POE, placed at end of 250’ cable as POE. It was working with Synology’s Surveillance Station (SS).

Finding no camera with 16MM lens, ended up with Ali Express cameras (bought 2, one 4K, one 1920x1080). It worked as ONVIF with SS Successfully.

Over time, these have not worked as I hoped, as cam settings are not as good or solid as HikVision (occasionally changing), but are 16MM.
Support/firmware non-existent - I tried.
(Security assured by isolating camera with Firewall)

Can anyone suggest a 4K camera with 16MM lens with decent day/night image that works reliably with SS?
Thanks

Hi @Jan J

We are not aware of any professional IP camera brands that are supplying fixed 16mm focal length cameras, your only option would be a varifocal camera like the iDS-2CD7A86G0-IZHS which is available in an 8-32mm focal length option.

Unfortunately, it looks like there is little to no stock of this model in the UK, so the camera would likely be on a long lead time from the Hikvision factory.

Could you consider a PTZ? They'd be more widely available, and would give you more flexibility on focal length? You haven't mentioned what you're using it for, or what space you have for installation etc. but that could be an option.

Back