01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision camera with motorized lens....what is the purpose of this??

Alchad

Hi again, Just fitted 2 Darkfighter cameras with motorised lenses, Despite Googling and ploughing through the online 100+ page " user manual", I'm baffles as to the purpose of this fixture on the top of the camera. The photo is taken looking down on the camera and shows the (I assume sun/weather shield which can move backwards and forwards the length of the slot and locked in position using the screw. The bit with the black arrow is molded into the main camera body and is not a switch of any sort, it is solid with the main body. What I am puzzled about is that the W....T inscribed into the shield implies some form of zoom option, but it isn't, and I have even tried getting Mrs Alchad operating the zoom facility of the camera while I watch to see if anything moves, it doesn't apart from the lens inside the camera which I can see moving.

Just baffled!!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Alchad

IMG_7737.png

Just a sun visor that you can move back & forth.
W & T = Wide and Telephoto.
The sun visor when moved fully forward provides the best protection against sun glare interfering with image quality.
But, if you have the lens set to its Widest view, it may 'see' the sun visor if you move it too far forwards.

Back