01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera upgrade advice for drive way in a tough scene?

QB1

Hi All,

Long time browser of this forum but finally registered, i have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P NVR running 4x 8MP cameras (all 2.8mm), the one in particular im wanting to upgrade is my DS-2CD2385G1-I , its probably the best camera i have (will move it to one of the other spots and retire one of the 3x DS-2CD2385FWD-I i have).
Im looking to upgrade it due to it being my driveway camera and i get ALOT of line crossing alerts from car headlights, bugs and even my hedge blowing in the wind (im on a corner opposite a creek so unfortunately these are ALWAYS going to be an issue with the cameras that i currently have as they dont have acusense for people or vehicle filtering of alerts). I am also wanting something with a decent spotlight or light built into it for a deterrent but also to light up the area when i walk in and out at night.

so Im looking at going for a 4mm instead this time and also looking at a few options which i'm going to list below, however please tell me if I've missed something and if there are better options out there around the same price point or nearby?

DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL
DS-2CD2387G2-LU
DS-2CD2347G2-LSU/SL

Thanks Again!
C

To have a spotlight that comes on and off with motion you'll need to use one of the LiveGuard models. I would recommend one of the Colorvu models as these have a spotlight for illuminating the scene at night when needed for the colour imaging, as well as a separate light which can act as a deterrent and can be activated by motion.

Here are the 4mp and 8mp versions;

The DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL does have a white light that can be activated by motion and used as a deterrent but it uses IR to illuminate the scene and creates a black and white image at night.

To have a spotlight that comes on and off with motion you'll need to use one of the LiveGuard models. I would recommend one of the Colorvu models as these have a spotlight for illuminating the scene at night when needed for the colour imaging, as well as a separate light which can act as a deterrent and can be activated by motion.

Here are the 4mp and 8mp versions;

The DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL does have a white light that can be activated by motion and used as a deterrent but it uses IR to illuminate the scene and creates a black and white image at night.

Hi Jake,

i was looking and is the DS-2CD2387G2-L(U) the same as the DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL just without the mic and speaker? Assuming spot light will still light up when people or cars are detected?

Thanks!

The DS-2CD2387G2-L(U) does have a microphone, but the light is only really intended to be used as a supplementary light when needed rather than as a deterrent. If you get a (C)/G5 model however you can download this custom firmware that allows you to use the light in this way:

This does mean that in the future if you update your camera to the newest firmware, which we would recommend always doing, then you will lose this feature.

I would recommend sticking with the LiveGuard model as you get what you want in the camera rather than re-using lights that were meant for a different function.

Back