01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can my Hikvision ds-2de4425iw-de PTZ trigger a Preset?

zane

Hi All

Can my Hikvision ds-2de4425iw-de PTZ automatically trigger a Preset when an object is in view?

I need to set a full zoom-in preset on my PTZ, ONLY when a person stands behind an object (object is between PTZ and person).
My PTZ must return to the normal position (or another preset) when the person+object is not in view anymore.

Eg. If a vagrant/homeless person is scavenging in my garbage bin, I need to zoom-in on the garbage bin and him/her.
The object will always be in full view of the PTZ, it is never obscured by the person, as he/she will always be standing behind the object.
(even if myself or the garbage services guys are in view, it can trigger the preset too)

Is this possible with my Hikvision ds-2de4425iw-de PTZ?

Thanks
Zane

Hi @zane

Can you please confirm the firmware version your PTZ currently using?

Thanks @zane

First of all, we would recommend updating to the latest firmware - v5.6.18

Once you have done that you might have access to Smart Tracking as a linkage method when configuring a smart event, this would allow you to have the camera track movement after an event has been triggered.

This might work for you, but if there is not enough movement (e.g. someone standing at the bins) the tracking might not lock onto what you want.

The only way to configure the PTZ to move to a preset position based on scene activity is to configure Alarm Input, which means connecting a 3rd-party alarm device to the PTZ (e.g. a PIR motion detector) and when that alarm device is triggered you can have the linkage method set to PTZ preset.

This is all explained in the Smart Event and Alarm Input sections of the PTZ User Manual

Thanks @zane

First of all, we would recommend updating to the latest firmware - v5.6.18

Once you have done that you might have access to Smart Tracking as a linkage method when configuring a smart event, this would allow you to have the camera track movement after an event has been triggered.

This might work for you, but if there is not enough movement (e.g. someone standing at the bins) the tracking might not lock onto what you want.

The only way to configure the PTZ to move to a preset position based on scene activity is to configure Alarm Input, which means connecting a 3rd-party alarm device to the PTZ (e.g. a PIR motion detector) and when that alarm device is triggered you can have the linkage method set to PTZ preset.

This is all explained in the Smart Event and Alarm Input sections of the PTZ User Manual
Ahh - Awesome, Thanks a stack Dan
I will definitely give this a shot
Will post my results in a few weeks, I'm away for a month

Reactions: Dan
Im just doing this myself using a an alarm input to trigger a preset. I have it working fine but when my ptz camera switches to said preset it stays on the preset for a couple of seconds and then flicks back to its initial position before the preset was called. Is there anyway of say when the preset is called i can have it stop on the preset for say 1 minute?

Any ideas if this is possible?

Thanks

Adding to that i do have my PTZ on a constant patrol all day. Could that be the reason it stays on the preset for a couple of seconds and then reverts back to the patrol i have it set to on schedule?

I basically want my camera to switch to the preset and lock on to the presst for 1 minute which was triggered by the alarm input.

Back