01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cannot delete IP camera from Hikvision NVR

AndyoSurrey

Hi Folks,
This one driving me nuts. My DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR is running V4.61.025 - the latest build.

I have just bought a new Doorbell Camera (Reolink POE camera) that is replacing an existing (Yoosee) doorbell camera. Both use POE injectors and are connected to my router as opposed to the POE channels on the NVR. They work fine but now I want to delete the existing one but I get weird errors. In the Camera management page I click on IP cameras and when I hover the mouse over the existing doorbell on D2 : IPCamera 02 and then click on the Bin symbol I get a pop-up error that "You are not allowed to delete the POE channel" - even this is not on a POE channel.

I then click the camera to get a blue tick in the top left corner showing that is selected. I click delete on the top row menu and and then I get an error of "Deleting camera D2 failed".

Really seems no way to get rid of the old camera.

Hoping someone has seen this and help me out - I have extensively Googled but cannot find a solution.

Cheers
Andy

Hi Folks,
This one driving me nuts. My DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR is running V4.61.025 - the latest build.

I have just bought a new Doorbell Camera (Reolink POE camera) that is replacing an existing (Yoosee) doorbell camera. Both use POE injectors and are connected to my router as opposed to the POE channels on the NVR. They work fine but now I want to delete the existing one but I get weird errors. In the Camera management page I click on IP cameras and when I hover the mouse over the existing doorbell on D2 : IPCamera 02 and then click on the Bin symbol I get a pop-up error that "You are not allowed to delete the POE channel" - even this is not on a POE channel.

I then click the camera to get a blue tick in the top left corner showing that is selected. I click delete on the top row menu and and then I get an error of "Deleting camera D2 failed".

Really seems no way to get rid of the old camera.

Hoping someone has seen this and help me out - I have extensively Googled but cannot find a solution.

Cheers
Andy
You can't delete the unused PoE channels. When you need to add a camera thats on the LAN (rather than the PoE ports) you edit them. In the NVR local menu, Cameras page you would:

1. Switch the cameras from thumbnail to list view using the icon in the upper right corner
  2. On the channel you want to use, click the pencil icon in the edit column
  3. In the resulting pop up switch from 'Plug and Play' to 'Manual', enter the LAN address of the camera that you've added, enter the admin password and amend the server port if different (not needed if Hikvision), Click OK
The NVR will connect to the new LAN connected camera and that will replace that PoE channel.

It sounds as though you might have added your new camera to a higher numbered spare channel, rather than edit the existing one. To put your new camera where the old one was, you'd need to unplug the new cam, switch it's channel back to plug and play, plug the new cam back in, then edit the channel where you want it as detailed above.

Hi and many thanks for the quick reply - much appreciated.

Please bear with me as I'm a bit confused and maybe (almost certainly) not grasping the terminology correctly here - but when you say "You can't delete the unused PoE channels" I'm lost.

My current doorbell is not on an NVR PoE port - yes it is PoE because of an external injector, but as far as the NVR is concerned it is just on a LAN with an IP address. I would guess, maybe wrongly, that the NVR does not know that the current doorbell is PoE because it could be powered from an external power source, not an Ethernet injector, and it would just be the same IP address camera. So I don't understand why I get the error about it being a PoE channel when I try to delete from the thumbnail view.

Also it's confusing that I get a different error when I try to delete from the top row menu Delete function.

I did try the list view and edit and replace the current camera with the new but it errored saying that it already existed so I will try offlining the new one and editing as you suggest.

Thanks again
Andy

Hi and many thanks for the quick reply - much appreciated.

Please bear with me as I'm a bit confused and maybe (almost certainly) not grasping the terminology correctly here - but when you say "You can't delete the unused PoE channels" I'm lost.

My current doorbell is not on an NVR PoE port - yes it is PoE because of an external injector, but as far as the NVR is concerned it is just on a LAN with an IP address. I would guess, maybe wrongly, that the NVR does not know that the current doorbell is PoE because it could be powered from an external power source, not an Ethernet injector, and it would just be the same IP address camera. So I don't understand why I get the error about it being a PoE channel when I try to delete from the thumbnail view.

Also it's confusing that I get a different error when I try to delete from the top row menu Delete function.

I did try the list view and edit and replace the current camera with the new but it errored saying that it already existed so I will try offlining the new one and editing as you suggest.

Thanks again
Andy
I just re read your original post...So you were replacing one LAN connected PoE camera (Yoosee) with another (Reolink). When you try to delete the camera from the thumbnail view what you're actually doing is trying to delete a channel and it cannot be done and will always error.

The way to do this first time around would've been to locate that Yoosee camera that you were replacing (I always switch to list view rather than using thumbnail) then edit the details to match the IP address and password of the Reolink.

That's correct. It's not now letting you add that Reolink in place of the Yoosee as it's already been added to a different channel. Try taking it offline, then while it's offline set its channel back back to plug and play. Once that's done you should be able to edit the channel that the Yoosee was on to match the details for the Reolink one.

Ah that's great - I had the old one on D2 and had added the new one on D5 and thought I could delete D2, but as you said I needed to offline the new one and return D5 to Plug and Play and when it failed to find anything I onlined it again and edited D2 with the new bell parameters.

It's confusing that hovering over the thumbnail offers a rubbish bin symbol - which would certainly suggest that the user should be able to delete the CONTENT of the channel as opposed to the channel itself. Also the top row menu has a Delete option which gives a different error to the bin symbol and so it's really not obvious to me what these are for if you can't delete anything? I think the GUI designers have come up with something designed to confuse here!

Anyway many thanks for taking the time to help me solve this as I was going around in ever decreasing circles!

Cheers
Andy

Ah that's great - I had the old one on D2 and had added the new one on D5 and thought I could delete D2, but as you said I needed to offline the new one and return D5 to Plug and Play and when it failed to find anything I onlined it again and edited D2 with the new bell parameters.

It's confusing that hovering over the thumbnail offers a rubbish bin symbol - which would certainly suggest that the user should be able to delete the CONTENT of the channel as opposed to the channel itself. Also the top row menu has a Delete option which gives a different error to the bin symbol and so it's really not obvious to me what these are for if you can't delete anything? I think the GUI designers have come up with something designed to confuse here!

Anyway many thanks for taking the time to help me solve this as I was going around in ever decreasing circles!

Cheers
Andy
Yeah, there have been numerous posts regarding this and most people (myself included) have tried to delete a channel and failed. Similarly it is confusing on the PoE models if you have multiple spare channels and have a LAN connected camera displayed as 'unadded' at the bottom of that Camera menu page - clicking 'add' shows an error that no more IP channels can be added (despite the spares). I think that on the models without PoE, if you click delete then it will do just that. Thankfully once you're aware of how it's configured, it's pretty simple.

Back