01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 Cannot see any remote playback on iVMS4200?

Ugo

Dear all,
here is what I have:
- 6 Hikvision cameras (2 DS-2CD2442FWD-IW, 2 DS-2CD2042WD-I, 2 DS-2CD2542FWD-IW), all with Firmware V5.5.82 190909 (the latest)
- 1 NVR DS-7608NI-K1(B) with 4 TB HDD, with firmware v4.3.085 210409 (the latest)
- iVMS4200 SW v.3.11.0.5 20240130 (the latest)

The 6 Cameras are connected via PoE switch to the NVR, same subnet, also of the PC where iVMS4200 is running.
All 6 cameras appears in Live View. I can manually start local recording and capture.
Event Configuration and schedule is done on all 6 cameras
Storage schedule is up and running for all 6 cameras.
All the configuration was done directly on NVR, connected to monitor, mouse and keyboard.
All runs fine: the NVR is recording when Cameras detect events and footages are stored on the HDD on the NVR.
I can search and Playback what recorded both via NVR interface (connected monitor) or via NVR web interface.
BUT I cannot do any remote Playback on iVMS4200. When I select any of the cameras I get the following: "Main stream playback failed. No record file found."

In the Storage Schedule page I am not able to set the Storage Server: in the selection list there is only "Clear"...
In the Remote Configuration page of the NVR, everything appears correctly set up.

What am I doing wrong? Please, help!!!

Last edited:
Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
Try going to the storage settings and somewhere there are a couple of "rebuild" options. Do a "rebuild all data" and it might sort your issue, I had something similar recently and that fixed it for me, all previous recordings visible again.

Hi @Ugo

Have you installed SD cards on all your cameras?
If you try to playback by each camera IP then you receive this message since there there is no SD card installed.
But you can see recordings for each camera if you select the NVR name (or IP) and then select the camera IP on below tree. These are HDD recordings.
If you add SD cards on each camera then you will see recordings on them, but if recording is Continuous you will not be able to find or search Events. You must go Storage - Storage management - Format the SD then Schedule Setting and schedule those SD cards for Event recording.
This can be done only by each camera's browser web gui or by iVMS4200 - Camera's IP - Remote Configuration -Basic Setting. Not the NVR because there is no setting for that.

Try going to the storage settings and somewhere there are a couple of "rebuild" options. Do a "rebuild all data" and it might sort your issue, I had something similar recently and that fixed it for me, all previous recordings visible again.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try with no reults...

Hi @alfaclvi ,
thnaks for your quick reply. Trying to understand your message. My comments bleow:
Have you installed SD cards on all your cameras?
No. All cameras do not have SD card as I want to record on the HDD installed inside the NVR

But you can see recordings for each camera if you select the NVR name(or IP) and then select the camera IP on below tree. These are HDD recordings
If I go to NVR webpage, I can see all the recordings from the playback tab. And yes, these are the recordings on the HDD in the NVR

If you add SD cards on each camera then you will see recordings on them,
Shall I add SD cards even if I want to record on the HDD in the NVR?

if recording is Continuous you will not be able to find or search Events.
Recording is event based. Please note that on iVMS I can search for event and see the recordings, but cannot download them. :-(

You must go Storage - Storage management - Format the SD then Schedule Setting and schedule those SD cards for Event recording.
Event recording is set up (Event type, Schedule and Trigger) threough the NVR web page (that can be accessed also throught the iVMS: NVR, Remote Configuration, Basic).
Not the NVR because there is no setting for that.
Yes, in fact I have set up the event through NVR webpage, and works like a charm.

So, if I got it correctly, I need to place and SD card in the camera even if I want to record on HDD... Sounds strange but will give it a try.
Thanks for your great support
Ugo

Hi @alfaclvi ,
I have mounted a SD card on one camera and set up to record also on it (Storage Schedule).
Now I have 2 footages of the same event, one on the HDD (that I can sse from the NVR webpage-->Playback) and one on the SD card (that I can see from the camera webpage-->Playback).
NVRWebPagePlayback.png

Unluckily, still I cannot see the footage through the iVMS, Remote Playback.
iVMS-NoRecordileFound.png

What I find strange is that in the iVMS, Storage Schedule config page I cannot define the Storage Server, and thus the Recording Schedule:
iVMSStorageSettings.png

While in the NVR webpage everything appears properly configured:

NVRWebPageStorageSettings.png

Any help is highly appreciated.
Ugo

Attachments

• NVRWebPagePlayback.png
    NVRWebPagePlayback.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 22
  • iVMSStorageSettings.png
    iVMSStorageSettings.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 22
Hi @Ugo

If you want see the footage from each camera, you must also add each camera separately with its own IP address, same way you added the NVR . You have added only the NVR.
About Storage schedule I cannot help you because I have never used this on iVMS. But I suppose you need a Network Server or Network HDD so that this could be recognized by iVMS. You cannot do this with your PC HDD or NVR HDD

Attachments

• iVMS4200_1.png
    iVMS4200_1.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 24
  • remote_playback.png
    remote_playback.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 22
Hi @Ugo

If you want see the footage from each camera, you must also add each camera separately with its own IP address, same way you added the NVR . You have added only the NVR.
About Storage schedule I cannot help you because I have never used this on iVMS. But I suppose you need a Network Server or Network HDD so that this could be recognized by iVMS. You cannot do this with your PC HDD or NVR HDD
Hi alfaclvi,
problem solved :) .
I had to wait some time till the DB with footage was rebuilt completely and now I can see all the recordings from iVMS.

BTW, I did not need to add every camera, but just the NVR, as that is identified as the econding device doing the dirty job (recording), while cameras are just handling the image and event recognition.
iVMS encoding devices.png

It works like a charm, now! Thanks for all of your support.

ugo

Back