01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can't Find Right Home External Camera

benosc

Hi
I am looking for an external waterproof camera with WI-FI, able to differentiate human/animals, movement activation ie not o all the time, full HD colour, excellent night time vision, battery operated although willing to hard wire if necessary, able to send signal via wi-fi to store on hard disc via my computer router which I can them interrogate on my computer rather than use SD card in camera.

I don't want to have to keep taking the SD card out to look interrogate it - that is why I want to use wi-fi to send a signal to Hard Disc via my internet router.

It doesn't need internal lighting as ground would be lit by floodlights.

Is there such a camera on the market anywhere??

Any help would be appreciated

Best regards

It's not our area of expertise, as we don't offer any battery powered cameras, but over the years I'd say Reolink has had good feedback mentions from users (possibly Arlo too?).

Almost forgot - If I do mains hardwire - can you suggest anything?

Sorry, I'm afraid not, because none of the Pro outdoor cameras have built-in wireless.
Hopefully somebody will drop by with practical experience / references for you.

NB if you wire with a network cable, which can also provide power via POE, then the world's your oyster ...

Hi @benosc

If you hardwire, there's actually a new Wi-Fi camera which is probably your best option:

Hikvision DS-2CD2543G2-IWS 4MP EasyIP 2.0+ Mini Dome Camera With AcuSense | Wi-Fi

It's a brand new model, but there is some stock available in the 2.8mm and 4mm focal length options.
For night vision it will use its built-in IR LEDs for a B&W picture, and the AcuSense feature will differentiate humans and animals.

But, it's always best to use a network cable if you can :)

Back