01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

View NVR CCTV feed on 2 TVs in different parts of the house?

Zed202

Hi,

Can you please help with my query?

sorry if it's in the wrong section or if I get the terminology wrong as this is all new to me

So is it possible to view the live feed and playback from an NVR located upstairs in an office/bedroom to another big screen TV located downstairs in the family room?

my current system and setup:

1. 4K CCTV kit with 2 x IP POE cameras (new kit)
2. ISP hub/router and NVR along with TV1 located upstairs
3. Virgin Media set-top box and TV2 located in the family room downstairs
4. Wi-Fi was used to get a signal to the set-top box but I have managed to run an external grade CAT6 ethernet
cable from the ISP hub to the set-top box
5. Both TVs do not have any smart functions but do have HDMI ports

The requirement to view the CCTV on the downstairs TV is for my wife and kids to use when I'm not at home

Thanks

Zed

A gadget such as this may suit:

https://cpc.farnell.com/labgear/hdx70m/hdmi-extender-kit-full-hd-1080p/dp/AV29923?st=hdmi extenders

It allows you to repeat & extend the HDMI signal that is connected to the upstairs monitor via the cat5 cable to a spare input on the downstairs monitor.
There are may variants e.g. that would allow you to connect more TVs and monitors. And with/without repeater capability to allow use of a remote control at the distant TV (to choose what is shown).

NB unless your TV has picture-in-picture it can be limiting that you must leave say HDMI1 on the TV to check HDMI2.

Some people find it better to use a dedicated tablet to view their NVR remotely.
You'll find info elsewhere in this forum on using for instance a cost-effective Amazon Fire tablet to run Hikvision's Hik-Connect App and view Hikvision NVRs and cameras remotely.

Reactions: Dan
Hi Phil,

That’s fantastic and exactly what I need
Appreciate you taking the time to answer my question

Thanks again

Z

Back