01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Can't get SADP tool to work?

Capital_Singer

I have a camera I have sold and want to reset to factory settings, and I have a new camera I want to connect to my system but I can't seem to get SADP tool to find either of them, what am I doing wrong?

I've found this video
and followed everything but still no joy

I have the cameras plugged directly into my router.

the old one is a DS-2CD2743G0-IZS, and the new one is a DS-2CD2H46G2-IZS

also when trying to connect either camera to my NVR, nothing works.
on the NVR screen it shows my 3 working camera, and below I see "ip camera 4" but I don't get a picture, it says it's connected (with the screen tick) but funnily enough when I unplug it it still says it's connected.
when I try and add a new camera, it says can't add another camera (as there are already 4)
and when I try to delete this "IP camera 4" it says "deleting poe channel not allowed"

So as the 2 cameras can't be detected using the SADP tool does that mean they are broken.....?
actually I have just disconnected one of my working cameras and plugged it an and refreshed SADPtool and it doesn't find it

the camera that I'm selling (have sold), can I just reset it using the reset button procedure and send it tomorrow? if I haven't done the reset properly, will the buyer be able to reset it? or is it like an apple device locked to a users account?

when I try and add a new camera, it says can't add another camera (as there are already 4)
and when I try to delete this "IP camera 4" it says "deleting poe channel not allowed"
You cannot delete an IP channel nor add to the NVR in that way. How you do it depends on whether you are going to add the new camera directly to the NVR PoE port or to your router (or somewhere else on the network)

If you're adding the new one to an NVR PoE port, all you had to do was ensure that the port is set for plug and play (which it is be default) and plug it in. That will only work if it is unactivated or if it is already activated with the same password as the NVR. If it's already activated, you would log into it with a web browser (or SADP), change the IP address to 192.168.254.???. Then in in the NVR (before connecting the camera) you would edit the port to manual and set the IP address and password to suit the camera. Plug it in and that's it

If you're adding the new one elsewhere on the network, you would set the IP of the camera to match your network address (192.168.0.???/192.168.1.??? or whatever matches yours - make sure its an unused address). Then as above you edit the PoE channel to manual with the LAN address of your camera and password. Plug it in and that's it.

the camera that I'm selling (have sold), can I just reset it using the reset button procedure and send it tomorrow? if I haven't done the reset properly, will the buyer be able to reset it? or is it like an apple device locked to a users account?
Yes if it has a reset button you can do that. If you had the camera connected to Hik-Connect, you would want to unbind it from your account. You don't need to worry about that if this camera was previously connected to the NVR PoE ports (as it would be the NVR not camera that is registered)

If you're adding the new one to an NVR PoE port, all you had to do was ensure that the port is set for plug and play (which it is be default) and plug it in. That will only work if it is unactivated or if it is already activated with the same password as the NVR. If it's already activated, you would log into it with a web browser (or SADP), change the IP address to 192.168.254.???. Then in in the NVR (before connecting the camera) you would edit the port to manual and set the IP address and password to suit the camera. Plug it in and that's it
I am connecting to the NVR PoE port yes. the new camera is new and un activated so I'm going to try to connect it using the plug and play method now

I am connecting to the NVR PoE port yes. the new camera is new and un activated so I'm going to try to connect it using the plug and play method now
It's the easiest way, you just plug it in and the NVR will activate it, assign an IP address in the 192.168.254.xxx range, and set its admin password to that of the NVR (or the channel default password if different)

well thanks for the help so far but that hasn't worked. It has a red cross and says "the username or password is wrong"

well thanks for the help so far but that hasn't worked. It has a red cross and says "the username or password is wrong"
Then it sounds like either the port was already set to manual not plug and play or the new camera has already been activated. By that I mean that an admin password has been created for it.

Then it sounds like either the port was already set to manual not plug and play or the new camera has already been activated. By that I mean that an admin password has been created for it.
would resetting it work? as in
  1. using the reset button on the camera
  2. then plug into the NVR again and seeing if it'll connect using plug n play?

would resetting it work? as in
  1. using the reset button on the camera
  2. then plug into the NVR again and seeing if it'll connect using plug n play?
No harm trying. I usually do that using a 12V adaptor as power so that the NVR is not trying to connect to the camera as it's powered up with the reset button pressed.

just tried that (using the NVR) and it didn't work its still saying wrong password. I don't have a 12V adapter. I'll try resetting using my router as a power supply. I'm unplugging, pressing the reset button and plugging in whilst holding reset button for 20 secs

Unfortunately I can't suggest anything else, I'm not sure what you've done. If it's saying wrong password then there's a password in the camera. I'd recommend finding a 12V DC 1 Amp power supply (you might have one kicking around thats used for something else) and hold the reset button in while powering with that. Then plug connect to it directly with a laptop (if your existing network is 192.168.1.xxx you could plug it straight into the router). If it's reset correctly you should be able to access it at 192.168.1.64 (computer needs to be in the same range). You should be presented with the activation page if it is deactivated - then you can plug it into the NVR port.

I think it's more likely a problem with the NVR, or some settings in that as I have been trying to add both cameras and noting works. I don't understand why it won't let me delete anything. videos online show a little bin icon next to cameras, and they just click on it and it's deleted. mine are all greyed out

I think it's more likely a problem with the NVR, or some settings in that as I have been trying to add both cameras and noting works. I don't understand why it won't let me delete anything. videos online show a little bin icon next to cameras, and they just click on it and it's deleted. mine are all greyed out
As detailed in post #4 - you cannot delete a PoE channel and as the NVR has 4, you cannot add an IP camera that way. The videos online will be showing an IP camera being deleted from an NVR that doesn't have PoE ports. On this e models you can add and delete up to the capacity of the NVR.

I do have a 12V power supply (12V 2A) but the camera has terminals and I'd have to cut that up to wire it in

also why does my SADP tool not find any cameras? if finds my NVR. I'm sure I used it to set up the last camera I installed and it worked then?

I've just downloaded SADP tool onto an old laptop and connected that directly to the camera (to rule out my PC or any of the network cables) and nothing comes up. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong

I've just downloaded SADP tool onto an old laptop and connected that directly to the camera (to rule out my PC or any of the network cables) and nothing comes up. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong
I thought you didn't have a power supply to power the camera. If you've connected directly between the camera and laptop, how is the camera getting power? Similar to your first post when you mentioned you had the cameras connected directly to your router - does your router have PoE ports as not many do? With a new camera there should've been no reason to use SADP, you just plug it in to PoE port on the NVR and you're good to go.

As an installer I don't even use SADP as there's rarely a need. It's handy to scan for cameras if you do not know the IP address, but doesn't always work the way it should. A brand new camera has an address of 192.168.1.64, a camera that has been previously connected to the PoE port of an NVR will have an IP address of 192.168.254.??? (easy enough to locate with a laptop and IP scanner)

Edit: I've just noticed your previous posts regarding unsealed cameras from eBay, so your issues are not surprising. I'd suggest if they cannot assist with your issues you just return it for refund and buy from a recognised dealer.

Back