01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cause and how to prevent 'Login Timeouts'?

Salamat

I'm part of a team operating Hikvision IP Dome cams, watching for wildlife in Africa. As such we might load several cameras, in separate tabs/browsers, using the webGUI. One of the cams seems to be triggering 'Login Timeouts', precisely every 15 minutes, requiring the user to have to log in again. Unfortunately, when this happens, it also frequently takes down other cameras, even if on another browser! It can happen whether using IE11, Edge + IEMode or Chrome + IE Tab.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this is happening and how to prevent it, or extend the time to a longer period if that can't be done?

Timeout.png

IP Cam info.jpg

I'm part of a team operating Hikvision IP Dome cams, watching for wildlife in Africa. As such we might load several cameras, in separate tabs/browsers, using the webGUI. One of the cams seems to be triggering 'Login Timeouts', precisely every 15 minutes, requiring the user to have to log in again. Unfortunately, when this happens, it also frequently takes down other cameras, even if on another browser! It can happen whether using IE11, Edge + IEMode or Chrome + IE Tab.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this is happening and how to prevent it, or extend the time to a longer period if that can't be done?

View attachment 8391

View attachment 8392
could you edit the admin / operator accounts and disable login timeout?

Are all your cameras the same?

Are the cameras connected to NVR's?

could you edit the admin / operator accounts and disable login timeout?

Are all your cameras the same?

Are the cameras connected to NVR's?
1. I have searched the manual and can find no mention/setting for login timeouts
2. No, there are different models, as cameras have been upgraded as required.
3. Pass, sorry! (about NVRs)

1. I have searched the manual and can find no mention/setting for login timeouts
2. No, there are different models, as cameras have been upgraded as required.
3. Pass, sorry! (about NVRs)
Hi Salamat,
On the Hikvision web GUI main page there should be a Local tab, can you set auto logout there?

Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 17.40.44.png

Have you thought of using IVMS-4200? That would consolidate all your cameras under one platform.

David

Hi Salamat,
On the Hikvision web GUI main page there should be a Local tab, can you set auto logout there?

View attachment 8393

Have you thought of using IVMS-4200? That would consolidate all your cameras under one platform.

David
I've had a look at Local, and no timeout settings there, unfortunately. Researched through the manual for every mention of 'time' and there's nothing about timeouts! :-(

I took a look at IVMS-4200 and I think it would be beyond many of our volunteer (frequently elderly) operators. It's also suggested it needs a fairly powerful machine which, again, might be beyond some volunteers!

Just as a footnote, I saw mention about 'Avant Browser' and despite being old (maybe because of it! :-) ) the cameras all load and run well on it, both Win 10 & 11, and you don't even need to download the Hikvision plug-in! The only negative I've found so far, is that you only get audio from one camera, however, I think that is the same using Edge, these days.

@Salamat I've looked at my NVR and camera web interfaces and can see no mention of auto logout timings. Using the NVR main interface (attached monitor / keyboard) I can stop auto logout. I cannot think of anything else, maybe someone else will reply.

To get audio from each camera you may have a assign non standard ports to the cameras. This could be a UDP protocol.

Many thanks for the suggestion about the audio......will pass on to the 'powers that be'!

Bump!
Was there any fix or workaround for HIKvision web interface auto log out times being edited somewhere? My APR Hikvision camera gives me this all day long as I check in and out with it and i would so love to be able edit it somewhere for a longer session. Can anyone help? I run a DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS camera with no DVR, just an SD card.

My APR Hikvision camera gives me this all day long as I check in and out with it
If you're logged in and viewing the stream it'll stay up. However if your connection is idle (viewing a config page and not interacting with it) or you disconnect the session, it's going to require you to login again. That would be the norm and it's basic security so won't change.

Thank you for that explanation, i understand now that if i as much as click anywhere outside the browser then that is likely a signal my session will countdown to its time out, or even simply interacting with another program will cause that as well. That's a bit clearer now and i'll try and work within those parameters from now on. Thanks again.

Back