01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

CCTV system for remote location

ekcopyephilips

Hi Everyone
Ive just joined this forum and am looking for some advice, so appologies if this question has been asked many times over.
My partner has a horse livery yard in a rural remote location, there is electricity to the site but no fixed telephone line, a stable 3G signal has recently become available.
He would like four cameras and be able to connect a sensor on the main gate so that an alert can be sent to his phone, should the gate be opened outside normal working hours.
I know nothing about CCTV, but i think i need a PoE system and a DVR, could a 3G hub with a SIM card then be connected to this hub so that it can be dialed into, so that he can view live video at any time, alarm alert or otherwise.
Can this be done??

Cheers

Mike

Ok,
so no one able to advise? Ive done a bit of searching and thing i am going to get a Hikvision 4 channel PoE NVR and 4 Hikvision cameras, ill make up my own network cables and use a laptop to connect to the NVR. Could i then use a 3G dongle connected to the laptop to remotely view? Surely someone on here has had to monitor a site remotely where putting a phone line in isn't an option.

Wish I could help, but I'm new to the CCTV IP camera technology myself. I'm also in a remote area and want to setup something similar to what you've describe. Apparently, the Hikvision equipment is a good choice from what I've read. Most of their cameras are high resolution and may be more than a 3G connection can handle. Curious about your sensor setup at the gate - I'm thinking that it would have to be some type of smart device capable of alerting you by email. One of your cameras with motion detection also might work.

Hi Everyone
Ive just joined this forum and am looking for some advice, so appologies if this question has been asked many times over.
My partner has a horse livery yard in a rural remote location, there is electricity to the site but no fixed telephone line, a stable 3G signal has recently become available.
He would like four cameras and be able to connect a sensor on the main gate so that an alert can be sent to his phone, should the gate be opened outside normal working hours.
I know nothing about CCTV, but i think i need a PoE system and a DVR, could a 3G hub with a SIM card then be connected to this hub so that it can be dialed into, so that he can view live video at any time, alarm alert or otherwise.
Can this be done??

Cheers

Mike
Hi There is a new system available from geniuscctv co uk a 3g enabled PTZ camera just needs fixing nd power adding and it works over the EE network ideal for remote locations where power is available, more cameras can be added to the system as required. No gate alarm though but a dialer could be added separately if required Hope this helps
Colin

Back