01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Changing the name of the alarm output on HIK-Connect app?

md__86

Hi Guys

I'm new here, but hoping you can help.

On the HIK-Connect app i am using the Alarm Output menu to activate the four alarm outputs on the back of the NVR. This all works fine, but is there any way to change the names of the alarm outputs from "Alarm Output 1" to "Garage Door" etc as they appear on the app? I have changed the alarm name on the configuration page via the web interface using the NVRs IP address but this hasn't come through to the app.

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys

I'm new here, but hoping you can help.

On the HIK-Connect app i am using the Alarm Output menu to activate the four alarm outputs on the back of the NVR. This all works fine, but is there any way to change the names of the alarm outputs from "Alarm Output 1" to "Garage Door" etc as they appear on the app? I have changed the alarm name on the configuration page via the web interface using the NVRs IP address but this hasn't come through to the app.

Thanks in advance
I'm pretty sure that you can't. Likewise regardless of what you name the alarm inputs, they're reported in Hik-Connect as 'IO Alarm' (many moons ago in the older iVMS-4500 they would report as 'Rear PIR' or whatever they had been named in the configuration)

Unfortunately there are improvements that Hikvision could easily add/resolve in Hik-Connect but choose not to. Another example is the inability to re order the listing of multiple sites on the Home Screen. Newly added sites (that are added manually) will always be added to the top of the list not the bottom and even if you delete all devices and add them again manually, those sites that are added by Hik-Connect registration will be at the bottom so you have to scroll to get to it.

Back