01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Configuration in Camera and NVR which takes priority?

BerkoJas

Hi,

I was wondering how the priority of configuration works between that held on an individual camera and the NVR's config for that camera.

For example you can log into NVR and see all the connected cameras - and for a given camera and smart event set it's arming schedule etc (which ive set to be after 8pm).
But also you can log into the camera directly via it's own web URL ( eg to set Min Size for object matches that doesn't seem to be available via NVR login ), I noticed the direct camera login route for a particular smart event also seems to have it's own schedule ( which is set by default to be 24x7 ).

So does the config priority / arming schedule logic work like this
1) camera uses it's local arming schedule to see if an event should trigger
2) the NVR uses it's arming schedule for that camera to decide if the event is really raised.

ie both need Camera schedule and NVR camera schedule need to be enabled for a particular time slot for the event to make it to the 'Surveillance Center' / HIK-Connect.

Why would you configure a schedule at the camera level login, rather than via the schedule for a camera via the NVR login?

Thanks

Hi @BerkoJas

This is a topic that has been discussed a lot on the forum but it is not always easy to find the previous discussions.

Here is a basic response I found to another user asking a similar question:

So basically, the NVR takes priority control over most settings and it is only the camera-specific settings like min/max size, some image settings, etc... that are set in the camera settings.

The settings are usually the settings that relate to how the camera captures the image before sending the stream to the NVR which is why they are controlled in the camera settings.

If the camera is on the local network and you have it set up with MicroSD card storage you may want to set the camera settings slightly different to the NVR camera settings. For example, if you have a user that only needs access to one camera and not the whole NVR you might set the one camera to send event notifications via email to that one user whilst continuing to record to the NVR and send push notifications to the other users that have the NVR added to their Hik-Connect apps.

Back