01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Convert Hikvision files on Mac preserving audio?

rorton

Wife has a number of video files saved on her iPhone which she's recorded using IVMS4500 over the years - getting a new phone and forced to use hik-connect now (she doesn't like change!!!)

Ive managed to get the files off the phone and onto a NAS for safe storage, and was trying to convert them into a 'normal' MP4 or similar to playback on other devices.

It works OK using Handbrake, but the files with audio don't preserve the audio.

Any ideas on converting the files while preserving the audio? I have access to a Windows 10 VM if there is an option using that

Thanks

Solution
Hi @rorton
VSPlayer works best for Hikvision video files and, from what I recall, allows you to convert the video while retaining audio.
There are both macOS and Windows versions, but I wouldn't be surprised if they work differently, so I'd recommend trying both if the macOS version doesn't work for you.
If you click the toolbox icon at the bottom of the screen, it will bring up the option to convert :)
Hi @rorton
VSPlayer works best for Hikvision video files and, from what I recall, allows you to convert the video while retaining audio.
There are both macOS and Windows versions, but I wouldn't be surprised if they work differently, so I'd recommend trying both if the macOS version doesn't work for you.
If you click the toolbox icon at the bottom of the screen, it will bring up the option to convert :)

Upvote 1
Solution
thanks :) I was using vsplayer on the Mac, and the convert option isn't there, but opening it up on windows, and there it is :) I've successfully managed to convert, needed to be careful with the conversion type as the audio gets compressed too much and becomes poor qualify.

Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing :) I had a feeling there were some differences between the macOS and Windows versions!

Upvote 0
Back