01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Exporting Footage from the DS-7732NI-M4-24P with V5 firmware - No Audio support for MP4?

imtiyazp

Like most Hikvision NVRS, the DS-7732NI-M4-24P offers 3 export types directly from the NVR GUI.

These are as follows:
  • MP4
  • AVI

Default:

On my previous Hikvision NVR, the Default would export Video / Audio and VLC information that was playable in Hik's own VSPlayer. Or playable in any other windows player, but without audio and VLC information

MP4:

On my previous Hik NVR, the MP4 would export Video & Audio that was playable in Hik's own VSPlayer or any other player. So both Audio and video would play properly in any player.

AVI:

On my previous Hik NVR, the AVI would export Video & Audio that was playable in Hik's own VSPlayer. Or playable in any other windows player, but without audio.

In my new HIK NVR (Firmware version V5.02.006 - Build 240407), the MP4 no longer supports audio on any other media player than Hik's own.

I want to avoid converting the footage after the export, so is there any way to export directly from the HIK NVR that uses a standard MP4 container that all media players will recognise?

Back