01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Covert Camera DS-2CD6425G0-30 Co-Ax Cable type?

Guy M-P

I have a Hikvision covert camera, model number DS-2CD6425G0-30, currently giving gratifyingly good results, even in low light, together with a Hikvision DS-7608NI-M2 / 8P NVR. For neatness, I would like to replace the supplied coaxial cable with one of perfect length and with white insulation. The connectors are RP-SMA but the cable itself has no markings. I would usually associate SMA with RG-58 but is it in fact more likely to be RG-59? If anyone can confirm this I would be grateful.

Guy M-P

RG59 is typically used for analogue CCTV.

I have a Hikvision covert camera, model number DS-2CD6425G0-30, currently giving gratifyingly good results, even in low light, together with a Hikvision DS-7608NI-M2 / 8P NVR. For neatness, I would like to replace the supplied coaxial cable with one of perfect length and with white insulation. The connectors are RP-SMA but the cable itself has no markings. I would usually associate SMA with RG-58 but is it in fact more likely to be RG-59? If anyone can confirm this I would be grateful.

Guy M-P
I remember using RG59 and 75 ohm BNC plugs on Axis analog cameras.

Thanks! It's the SMA connectors that threw me, but I'll get some RG59 and see how I go ...

Guy.

Back