01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Dauha or Hikvison ?

myozone

I've been looking at Hikvision cameras then remembered Dahua. I'm looking for a 4k, fixed focus 2.8mm, turret, mic via IP, IR and white, 12V + POE. I won't use the red, blue alarm light nor the alarm sound. I think the choice is either a Hikvison DS-2CD2387G2H-LI(U) or Dauha DH-IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV ? - it's so damn confusing with models and specs:mad: most appearing the same or very close to each other. I have my own NAS.

Hi @myozone

At use-IP, we have been committed to Hikvision products for many years, so we would lean towards their products over Dahua.

If you are just looking for a standard 4K/8MP camera with both white light & IR then we would recommend the DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU 8MP Hybrid Light Turret Camera, this is a brand new model and stock is not yet available in the UK but we expect limited stock to be arriving in the next couple of weeks.

In regards to the Dahua model you mention above, I've had a quick look at the datasheet and it looks like that model only supports white light illumination as there is no mention of IR specs.

Hi @myozone

One thing you need to be careful with when searching the Hikvision & Dahua websites for products is whether you are on the UK or Global versions of their websites, the link in your above post is from Dahua's Global/Internation site and when I googled for the model number I found this Dahua UK product page which is the same model number bust with slightly different specs.

This UK product page is probably the model/spec that would be available if you were to buy this Dahua model from a UK seller, it might be the case that like the Hikvision Hybrid light models the model/spec shown on the International site might be a new version/model that will be coming into UK stock soon (but you would need to speak to a Dahua seller to get the latest information on this).

Just one other thing, do you know what the U means ? there appears to be three versions of the 'same' camera LIU, LI(U), and just LI
As you mentioned before it could be Global and UK versions, but I do wish companies wouldn't do this or at least have key to explain the versioning

Hi @myozone

If you look at the datasheet for the camera you will see it says the below:

"-U: Built-in microphone for real-time audio security"

So what -LI(U) means is that there are 2 versions of this model available, -LI is without a microphone and -LIU includes the microphone.

We find that in reality there are rarely any non-U models held in UK stock because there is very little price difference and you can just disable the audio functions on the -U models if you don't want to use them.

Back