01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Day/Night Switch settings greyed out / locked on my Hikvision Turbo cameras?

jbeckett15

Hi all,
I have just bought a new setup,
DVR: HikVision 7200 Series
Camera: HikVision ColourVu (Model: DS-2CE72KF0T-FS)

At night it has a light on constantly and i would like to turn it off, Ive seen lots of posts on how to do it on the Day/Night Switch settings but when i go to my settings a few options are greyed out. Attached a picture of the greyed out settings (Exposure, Day/Night Switch, Backlight, Image Enhancement)

Does anybody know how to get these unlocked? If it is possible as i need the night to be off overnight.

Thanks.
20230612_171610.jpg
20230612_171616.jpg
20230612_173257.jpg
20230612_173309.jpg

Those headings in the menu are greyed out because they're not adjustable from your DVR. Exposure for instance isn't adjustable for the analogue HD cameras that you have (HDTVi) - it's only adjustable in the IP cameras.

There are however some settings you can access and adjust on your cameras using the PTZ controller. On the DVR click the PTZ (joystick) icon then the Iris Open icon to display the menu for the camera on screen. The menu is navigated as follows:
  • Tilt Up/Tilt Down arrows - to move up an down through the camera menu headings
  • Iris Open - to enter a menu or select an option
  • Pan Left/Pan Right arrows - to scroll through the available options in a menu
When complete there are two options on the main menu screen 'Exit' (leaves the menu without saving changes), 'Save & Exit' - applies the changes.

BTW - Unless you have plenty of light available, I'd advise that you don't switch the cameras LED off as your images will be likely be unusable.

Perfect, Thanks.
I will try 1 on and 1 off too see how bad it makes them.
Thanks for your help!

Back