01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Determine Lenz from IP Settings?

Jan J

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hello from across the pond in the Smokey Mountains of western NC.... !!!!

Question about a DS-2CD2042WD-1 cameras...., and all have been upgraded to V5.53 build 180730

A question that I'm hoping you can find an answer to.... Once a camera is mounted... Via the admin login to get to settings... is there anywhere in the settings that will tell you the size of the lenz, without physically using a ladder to examine the camera label?

Reason why I ask..... I just picked up a new in box 4MM camera (all units here are DS-2CD2042WD-1) and I know I've multiple different lenz sizes.... and wanted to determine what lenz is where, as I may want to put wider angle lenz's in areas that are closer.......

seeing that the cameras are all in different areas, inside and out, with most needing a ladder to access them..... I checked the settings but find nothing....
Is there anything anyone else has found in the settings or serial number that might remotely clarify this???

Thanks for your reply.... Jan

Hello from across the pond in the Smokey Mountains of western NC.... !!!!

Question about a DS-2CD2042WD-1 cameras...., and all have been upgraded to V5.53 build 180730

A question that I'm hoping you can find an answer to.... Once a camera is mounted... Via the admin login to get to settings... is there anywhere in the settings that will tell you the size of the lenz, without physically using a ladder to examine the camera label?

Reason why I ask..... I just picked up a new in box 4MM camera (all units here are DS-2CD2042WD-1) and I know I've multiple different lenz sizes.... and wanted to determine what lenz is where, as I may want to put wider angle lenz's in areas that are closer.......

seeing that the cameras are all in different areas, inside and out, with most needing a ladder to access them..... I checked the settings but find nothing....
Is there anything anyone else has found in the settings or serial number that might remotely clarify this???

Thanks for your reply.... Jan

There's nothing in the menu that will tell you unfortunately. You should be able to work it out if you download the spec sheet for the camera and look at the horizontal field of view section in that document. Just picking a marker point at the left and right extents of the image, you should be able to guesstimate the angle. I had a quick look at the spec - 6mm is 55 degrees, 4mm is 82 degrees and no option is shown for a 2.8mm so not sure whether Hikvision produced one for that model.

The new Similar threads feature in this forum / at the bottom of each page is very handy ;)

The new Similar threads feature in this forum / at the bottom of each page is very handy ;)

I was hoping it might be in menus. Thanks

Back