01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Device decoding timed out? [7608N1-M2]

OdysseyX

Hi all

I am struggling with a problem that occurs mostly when when using HikConnect externally when away from the NVR. When accessing this on premise it works fine for the most part and the error is less frequent but I still get it.

I keep randomly getting messages about device decoding timed out.

My NVR is a DS-7608NI-M2 firmware 4.63.006 build 230526

My cameras are DS-2CD2383G2-IU firmware 5.7.15 build 240201 - I have 6 of these.

Main stream configured as 6144 max bit with H.265 for all cameras

I am at a loss. The device M series should be more than capable of enough to decode this remotely. Like I said when on premise using Hik app works fine for the most part but I still occasionally get the message.

The NVR on the Hik app is loaded using platform access. I am NOT using local device even when I am on premise.

The upload bandwidth is more than sufficient. It’s a 1G upload that I have.

The camera firmware is one firmware behind as the latest firmware has strange artifacts above human and vehicle detection. I will not use NVR 5.0 as it’s full of bugs too. Worse than this.

The M series was my upgrade from a 7608NI-Q2, I never experienced that problem with the Q2 and it was the same bitrate and settings I currently have. This makes me lead there is a bug in the M2 series.

Like I said I am at a total loss why I would get this when remote. Any help is appreciated.

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Hi Phil - thanks for your help on this one. It is iOS and app version is the latest at 6.3.250.20240515.2

I believe this happens when the video has been compressed too much for the app / server to decode, especially with numerous high-resolution cameras.

In playback, you'll be viewing the highest quality main stream, which may be why you're seeing it more here than live view, which normally uses the sub stream.

Have you added the NVR via QR code or serial number, or via IP address with port forwarding configured?

Try adjusting some of the video settings on your main stream...
H.264 encoding would be the first thing to enable.
Also, lower the frame rate and 'video quality' setting if these are at the highest.

Last edited:
Back