01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Differences between DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL 8MP and DS-2CD3387G2P-LSU/SL 8MP?

Monkey_7

hi

I'm looking at the two Hikvision panaramic cameras and trying to work out the differences from the datasheets.
DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL 8MP​
DS-2CD3387G2P-LSU/SL 8MP​
It seems the 3387 supports a few minor additions:
40M supplemental light range (vs 30M)​
audio extraction​
web sockets (presumably this is why edge is also supported)​
higher wattage (presumably due to the additional light range)​

The 3387 is approximately 25% more, and for my uses, I won't need these additonal features, however I just want to check I haven't missed something.

The main things I am looking for are:
people / vehicles detection​
good night time performance​
line crossing​
multiple streams​

Finally, I've seen mixed reports on the multicast capabilities, has anyone had this working reliably?

Thanks,
M7

Hi @Monkey_7

You have spotted most of the differences between these models, the only other main one is that the 3387G2P has a 5-year warranty instead of the 3-year warranty of the 2387G2P.

With only these small differences and the higher price tag, there is very little stock (if any) of the 3-series models in the UK so we usually just recommend the 2-series models like the 2387G2P.

In regards to multiple streams, do be aware that according to the datasheet for both the 2387G2P & 3387G2P they only support Main & Sub streams.

We are not aware of any customers/users who have set up these G2P Panoramic cameras with Multicast.

hi

Thanks for information Dan. I didn't see the warranty difference - so that additional two year warranty makes more sense for the price to performance ratio.

Thanks again,
M7

Reactions: Dan
hi

I'm looking at the two Hikvision panaramic cameras and trying to work out the differences from the datasheets.
DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL 8MP​
DS-2CD3387G2P-LSU/SL 8MP​
It seems the 3387 supports a few minor additions:
40M supplemental light range (vs 30M)​
audio extraction​
web sockets (presumably this is why edge is also supported)​
higher wattage (presumably due to the additional light range)​

The 3387 is approximately 25% more, and for my uses, I won't need these additonal features, however I just want to check I haven't missed something.

The main things I am looking for are:
people / vehicles detection​
good night time performance​
line crossing​
multiple streams​

Finally, I've seen mixed reports on the multicast capabilities, has anyone had this working reliably?

Thanks,
M7
The 3 line cameras also have a 12V output. Even if it's powered using PoE, they can supply 12V DC for a connected device (external PIR connected to the alarm input for instance).

Websockets is available on the 2387s also.

Regarding 'multiple streams'. All streams are available if the camera is standalone or connected to the NVR via the LAN. However if it's connected to the PoE ports of a Hikvision NVR, only the Main stream and sub stream are accessible.

Back