01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Directly wall mounting a DS-2CD5546G0-IZHS

Prototype

Please can someone give me advice on wall mounting a 5 series DS-2CD5546G0-IZHS without using a wall bracket. First of all there will be no problem with gimbal angle but what I would like to know is the camera only has a mark "Front" on it so what would be the preferred position of this dome or doesn't it matter? I will be screwing this onto a Mock Tudor fascia board which it might overhang and I was worried about water getting in the back through the grommets.

Many Thanks

It doesn't matter.
You can flip, rotate, mirror the image within the camera's settings.

that is not my nvr---Written UI steps do not exist for me--

mine-Hikvision 7716NI-I4-16 firmware v4.51.006, build 210708

my domes are DS-2DE2A4041W-DE3---
cannot find any method to flip image--trying to mount the domes flat against a vertical wall--pic distorted cannot orient properly to have image right side up--told these were 3 axis cameras but cannot find method to do so--told i can use software to right image--but cannot find method to do so--i need help--Thanks--hh

You cannot mount PTZs / speed domes flat back to a wall.
They must be mounted pendant style (dome/bubble downwards).
Please see the relevant accessories on Hikvision's product page:

Thank you--are there any other camera manufacturers that have 3 axis domes that can be used with a hikvision nvr--hh

Many manufacturers make ONVIF compatible cameras which you should be able to use with a Hikvision NVR.

NB
I believe the model number of your cameras denotes a PTZ (pan, tilt, zoom model), but it is not a model that is sold in the UK.
A PTZ is motorised on each axis e.g. remotely, from software or an App (or using a keyboard connected to your NVR) you can control the camera; move it left / right; move it up/down; zoom in/out.
The term 3-axis is normally used with fixed dome cameras (not motorised), it means that - at the time of installation, whilst you have the covers off you can grab hold of the camera / lens module within the camera and manually/physically adjust it in each axis.

Thank You very much--I wish someone published a primer on security camera equipment to inform us of the many aspects of choosing equipment--many talk in acronyms that a newby doesn't have a clue--This is a great start--HH

Many manufacturers make ONVIF compatible cameras which you should be able to use with a Hikvision NVR.

NB
I believe the model number of your cameras denotes a PTZ (pan, tilt, zoom model), but it is not a model that is sold in the UK.
A PTZ is motorised on each axis e.g. remotely, from software or an App (or using a keyboard connected to your NVR) you can control the camera; move it left / right; move it up/down; zoom in/out.
The term 3-axis is normally used with fixed dome cameras (not motorised), it means that - at the time of installation, whilst you have the covers off you can grab hold of the camera / lens module within the camera and manually/physically adjust it in each axis.
Just to add to this. The model is a manual Pan and Tilt and motorised zoom. Another thing to try when software options seem missing is try a different browser or check plugin update. Now the newer cameras are being designed to work with chrome they don't work with IE.

Back