01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-2CD2386G2-IU firmware - no more updates?

8mp_4kcam

Hi,
Am I right in thinking that there will be no more updates for this camera?
Currently on firmware V5.5.801 build 211105.

Am I better off selling this and getting a G5 version to get regular firmware updates on the camera?

TIA

Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
Hi @8mp_4kcam

You're correct that as a G3 model your turret is unlikely to receive any feature firmware update in the future.

If the G3 model is working fine for you at the moment I don't think you would be missing out on much by not switching to the (C) G5 model, Hikvision is unpredictable and it could be the case that they continue to release firmware for the G5 for many years or they might announce a new (D) model this year that also uses different firmware and stop updating the (C) model.

thanks @Dan
if there any videos or documentation i can follow to make the night time triggers/alerts better as at the moment, it's really hit and miss.
i had someone try my car doors the other day, thankfully i got a notification for it but no idea how many it's missed (tried and tested hence why i'm saying it's missed alerts).

Hi @8mp_4kcam

if you can share some screenshots of your current event settings we can see if there are any tweaks you can make to the configuration to improve accuracy.

thanks alot, really appreciated.
the Display settings under Image I believe haven't been tweaked by much. The scene is on Normal.

at night, there is a street lamp kinda oppposite our house so if i leave on auto, it doesn't stay in black & white at night, keeps on switching between B&W and colour every few seconds so i leave it in colour mode all the time now and tbh, the night time picture isn't bad at all. i do need to add a pir light to help with the image/video capture at night.

Under Smart Event, have both Intrusion Detection and Line Cross Detection enabled.
The max size box is set to the whole size of the image display box in the settings, not sure if that's a good idea.

Display_settings_scene=normal.png
ID_settings.png
LC_settings.png

Hi @8mp_4kcam

All those settings look okay but we would recommend reducing the max. detection box because with it set to the whole scene it means it will trigger on any sized object that moves through the scene. Bring it down to just slightly larger than a human or car and make sure the minimum box is just slightly larger than a cat/dog to avoid false detection of small wildlife.

Also, we can't see how you have the events actually configured on your live view but we would recommend trying just one smart event at a time because if the scene is quite small the detection area for both events might slightly overlap and this can stop events triggering correctly.

thanks @Dan
i have changed the max box settings,
disabled line crossing detection
and sensitivity under intrusion detection is set to 60 and target validity to high. not sure if these are ok and if increasing the target validity will help.
it's a standalone camera running without nvr

Reactions: Dan
okay, just test those changes you've made over the next couple of days and see if there is any change to the event triggers accuracy/frequency.

Hi @Dan,
just an update to the above. believe i'm getting less false positives now but it's still missing alerts.
for example, i got back late when it was dark and the camera didn't even pick me up at all.
the doorbell camera did.

under intrusion detection, i had 3 different Regions set. i've removed all 3 and only added the detection area in one region.
going to see if that makes a difference.

Reactions: Dan
Hi @Dan
Unfortunately, not much better.
Any other tweaks i could do?

I'm going to be purchasing DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL 2.8mm camera, are these camera's all the 'C' model or some are not?

thanks

Hi @8mp_4kcam

without actually seeing your camera's live image and how you have the events configured in the FoV there isn't much else I can recommend.

If you purchase a 2387G2 from us then it most likely will be a (C) model, but if you want to make sure just drop us an email after you place your order stating that you want a (C) model and we will make sure that is what is shipped.

Back