01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL - no notifications on hik connect app?

8mp_4kcam

Just had one of these installed, running firmware V5.7.10 build 220830.
I've set it up to do intrusion detection and added the linkage method as per the attached picture.
but for whatever reason, i can't seem to get notifications on my hik-connect app on my phone.

under Video/Audio > Display info on stream > i have ticked 'Enable Dual-VCA', not even sure what this does :)

under Storage > schedule settings > capture > (please see attached pic)

could it be a firmware issue?

which one's the correct link? Netherlands one has newer firmware:

TIA

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-23 124131.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-23 124131.png
    71.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot 2023-03-23 124547.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-23 124547.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 121
I think I sent you the same link. To find out which is the newest firmware, order it from the most recent release date.

thanks.
i don't have a nvr plugged in, just use a poe switch and have the footage stored locally on a smb share.

the previous camera i had, DS-2CD2386G2-IU was working fine and sending notifications to the mobile hik-connect app.

i've updated to version V5.7.12 build 221201, but i'm still not getting notifications on my app.

any suggestions please?

i really need to get notifications to work as have had people try open my car doors at night (notifications from old camera)

Are your cameras registered with Hik-Connect? As without that and your phone being logged into the account they're bound to you will not get notifications. Notifications are not available if you add your devices to the app using their IP addresses or a DDNS address - they have to go via Hik Connect.

In:

Configuration > Network > Advanced Settings > Platform Access

Is Hik Connect enabled and is it showing online?

got it working, thanks for the replies.
it was showing online under platform access.
the issue was with how the hik-connect was setup, i had to select use hik-connect server or something along those lines, now its working fine.

thanks

Back