01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-2CD2387G2-LU(C) & Firmware_V5.7.13_230403 - trying to achieve variable light output?

grantring

Hi

I have 4 DS-2CD2387G2-LU(C) & Firmware_V5.7.13_230403 i was looking to try to get the LED to work where you can vary the light out put and also get it to 100% when it detects movement.

The issue i am having is any of the firmware from the UK portal wont install and i get firmware failed?

HIKVISION UK PORTAL

I see that V5.7.13 is not in the list but it is shown here at the bottom of the page

i have updated my NVR before i installed these new Cameras

any help would be welcomed to getting to my end goal as Hikvison wont help me

Hi @grantring

To be clear, are you trying to downgrade to a specific firmware that supports the light feature you describe?

Unfortunately, I don't think that will be possible as Hikvision won't allow you to downgrade to certain firmware versions.

The "varying light output on motion" feature is no longer supported by ColorVu cameras, but you can still set the white light to turn on when motion triggers.

Hi Dan

I was trying to install this firmware 5.7.2_211228_Customized(4K ColorVu models support white light linkage) but it just fails is Firmware_V5.7.13_230403 one of the ones that does not let you downgrade?

does firmware V5.7.13_230403 allow set the white light to turn on when motion triggers? as i have tried and failed to get this to work. the white light is too bright to leave on all the time.

If there is another firmware that i should be using please could you advise the correct one?

Apologies, I'm getting my camera models mixed up.

The -LU ColorVu models now only support the white light coming on (and staying on) at night, it did use to be possible to downgrade to a custom firmware that would support the feature you describe but Hikvision removed the ability to downgrade the firmware from v5.7.12 onwards.

The only way to now get this "white light on event" feature is to use a ColorVu Live-Guard camera like the DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL

Thanks Dan

At least there is nothing wrong with what i have tried.

I live in a road that has street lights till 1am and then nothing would you have a recommendation of how much wattage of a bulb would be required to still give a good picture if i was to install mains powered wall lights

The pictures are ok with street lights on they are a bit of a blur if there is movement i have them set on 1/100 with white balance on Auto

Do you know why Hikvision would remove the ability to set the % of the LED and the white light event feature if your product is able to do something why remove the ability from a customer?

It's actually still available (white light on event) on the new 5.7.13 I posted about yesterday. It's been added and removed several times. This is an LU on 5.7.13:

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 15.43.17.png

The LSU/SL model doesn't have white light on alarm, just flashing light on alarm and has always been that way. This is an LSU/SL also on 5.7.13:
Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 15.45.57.png

Though these are both G5 (C) cameras not G3.

@grantring you won't see the setting in the NVR, after you've set up your event as normal, the white light action can be added by logging into the camera directly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
Thanks @JB1970

As you say it is hard to keep track of what each camera supports because Hikvision keeps changing/adjusting it with each firmware.

(FYI - think you may have posted the same screenshot twice)

It's actually still available (white light on event) on the new 5.7.13 I posted about yesterday. It's been added and removed several times. This is an LU on 5.7.13:

View attachment 9167

The LSU/SL model doesn't have white light on alarm, just flashing light on alarm and has always been that way. This is an LSU/SL also on 5.7.13:

Though these are both G5 (C) cameras not G3.
Thanks i will take a look i also think i was looking in the wrong place as i was looking in smart events. does it also let you state a time for it to be on?

Thanks i will take a look i also think i was looking in the wrong place as i was looking in smart events. does it also let you state a time for it to be on?
The linkage action 'white light' is available for all events but as said it has to be done directly in the camera as there's no option in the NVR linked to it. I've not used it myself but from what I recall, as it is linked to the event, it activates the white light 24/7 if the event is triggered.

The linkage action 'white light' is available for all events but as said it has to be done directly in the camera as there's no option in the NVR linked to it. I've not used it myself but from what I recall, as it is linked to the event, it activates the white light 24/7 if the event is triggered.
I meant can you set on for 30 seconds once triggered for example?
How do i set things directly on the camera not via the NVR

sorry bit new to this

I thought about adding a diffuser to the led to drop down the power out put like a plastic film cut to shape

I meant can you set on for 30 seconds once triggered for example?
I don't recall seeing a setting so it may just come on for a fixed time

How do i set things directly on the camera not via the NVR
Always set everything you can from the NVR and only alter things in the camera that cannot be accessed from the NVR. While logged into your NVR with a web browser you switch on Virtual Host. Once that's done you can log in to the camera at http://NVR_IP_ADDRESS:6500x where x is your camera number (for instance if your NVR is at 192.168.0.100 and you want camera 3 you would navigate to http://192.168.0.100:65003). Alternatively links will appear on the cameras page while logged into the NVR.

I thought about adding a diffuser to the led to drop down the power out put like a plastic film cut to shape
The LED turns on because it needs to, to make a decent exposure. You can alter the power of it. It can be set to a value manually, or left automatic with the upper value capped. I don't recommend turning it off unless you've enough ambient or supplementary light for the camera to use. I usually say if there's no light use a Darkfighter unless you're happy with the LED being illuminated overnight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
I have now been able to access the Camera direct settings and it seems that you can set the LED to different levels as well as turning on when there is movement I have made the changes and will test tonight.

When you make a change in the camera settings does this override any setting made on the NVR and vice versa?

When you make a change in the camera settings does this override any setting made on the NVR and vice versa?
Yes. They are the same settings (IE - they are ALL on the camera) but we just program them using the NVR. The reason for that is:

- If you program a setting via the NVR - it sets/saves it on the camera and the NVR displayed parameters are up to date (because you keyed them in there)
- If you program a setting directly on the camera - it sets/saves it on the camera BUT doesn't immediately update the displayed parameter in the NVR menu (sometimes the displayed value in the NVR doesn't update until the NVR is rebooted). This can cause confusion (NVR shows something that isn't actually the case)

So for that reason, do all settings via the NVR then log into the camera and only adjust the settings that weren't present in the NVR interface. That ensures that the NVR displayed values are up to date while allowing you to alter parameters that were unavailable in the NVR.

Thanks for the tip would be nice if they just enabled all setting to be change on the NVR but that would be too easy

Thanks for the tip would be nice if they just enabled all setting to be change on the NVR but that would be too easy
Yeah true. I think that the issue is perhaps that a given NVR can accept any Hikvision IP camera. As different IP cameras have different feature sets and available parameters (and have features added via updates); it would be nigh on impossible for Hikvision to keep the firmware for every current NVR aligned with the available features of every current (and past) camera.

Back