01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 - OEM - How bad can this camera's detection system be?

fawop33654

ds-2de2a404iw-de32.8-12mm.png

Alright, there must be hundreds of posts talking about detection issues involving Hikvision, but the issues I'm having with this OEM device seem totally out of the ordinary. So I would like to hear from users of this model, if they also face this problem or if it only affects my unit. There is not a single reliable motion detection feature! All functions fail miserably! The basic event detection, whether normal or expert, is so sensitive that regardless of the sensitivity set, it will detect movements that don't exist. Even in a tiny square drawn where there are no shadows, rain, or any other apparent movement, it will trigger the alarm and recording. While basic event detection detects motion that doesn't exist, smart events detect almost nothing. Face detection detects more false positives than positives, even at low sensitivity. Intrusion detection fails 90% of the time. The camera is extremely slow to start detecting motion of anything. Any object above 30km/h, such as vehicles for example, are only detected when they are already within the intrusion zone or when they have already passed through it, causing the alerts to fail repeatedly. Any small obstacle such as a pole in the way will cause the camera to miss the object's movement and not detect its entry, regardless of the minimum and maximum size configured for the object. It works best with humans, but it also fails. Line crossing detection is also terrible and hardly works. I tried numerous sensitivity settings and object sizes. It issues more false alerts than true ones. And all other detection functions are also deeply flawed. I have some Reolink cameras that are infinitely simpler to set up and they never fail. In an attempt to demonstrate just how insane the detection system of this camera is, I made some demonstrations in a video. The camera is using firmware version V5.7.1 and is sold with the ANPVIZ logo. Kindly anyone who has the non-OEM model let me know if you face these issues. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long text.

Video: DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 (PTZIP204WX4IR).mp4

I can totally confirm your findings.
Did you solve the issues somehow?
I tried to flash the Hikvision firmware of the DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 but did not let me do so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back