01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2DF8225IH-AELW (Darkfighter X PTZ) restarting after dark?

shaunj187za

Hello Everyone,

Trust you guys are well, and was hoping to get some feedback with a issue that I am having.

I have installed x2 DS-2DF8225IH-AEL(W) this week. The one was powered by a 60W POE injector the other a 24V AC 3amp Power adapter( this was a upgrade from a 2DF7286-ael)

As soon as night time fell they both started to give the same issue. The second unit I tested for 15 hours in my office (but the light's were on) before we installed on-site.

The issue I am having is as follows...

The unit says on-line for 6 minutes, then it's off for 1:30 seconds then back on for 6 minutes.(it does the full initial start up process where ptz spins 360) Rinse and repeat. Its doing this even in Inactive mode....

They are both brand new units. I unboxed them myself and took off every seal. The units are still on the original firmware.

Date of Manufacture is 02/2019.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Here is the hikvison product listing.
However if I Google this product it's like it doesn't exist...

@Dan

is this PTZ in a boot loop?
What is my options?
I am able to active the device, I am.able to browse the web interface, but then 6 minutes later I loose communication with the device and then it does a reboot...

Any input will be appreciated.

My first thought would be insufficient power.
Our product page.
The datasheet.

PTZ power 2-4-24.png

Hi @shaunj187za

Can you please confirm if the issue is only happening at night or is it happening all the time?

Also, in relation to @Phil comment, can you please confirm the model number/spec details of the 60W PoE injector & 24v PSU you are using?

Hi @shaunj187za

Can you please confirm if the issue is only happening at night or is it happening all the time?

Also, in relation to @Phil comment, can you please confirm the model number/spec details of the 60W PoE injector & 24v PSU you are using?

The PSU/Transformer is a 24V AC 3amp 72W
The POE is a 60w 55v (1.25A-Max)

Based on the above stat's in the PDF my power supply's should be sufficient.

@Dan The issue started as we approached first night fall. now the unit is permanently in this mode....
I was able to source the "Latest Firmware" from Hik @frica , but im nervous to do a firmware update on a unit that seems so unstable.

If you switch them off (wait 30 seconds) and on again do they go straight back into this boot cycle?

If you switch them off (wait 30 seconds) and on again do they go straight back into this boot cycle?
So it seems this unit must have the 56v 60W POE injector to run at night.
The unit was shipped with a 53v 60W POE injector and when night mode IR came on the device went into a kernal panic. Case closed

So it seems this unit must have the 56v 60W POE injector to run at night.
The unit was shipped with a 53v 60W POE injector and when night mode IR came on the device went into a kernal panic. Case closed
Some models are very fussy when it comes to power, as you've found out, and the fact they were falling over when the IR's came to life at night were a good indicator. Was the power supply provided by the company you bought the cameras off - or did you buy it seperately?

Some models are very fussy when it comes to power, as you've found out, and the fact they were falling over when the IR's came to life at night were a good indicator. Was the power supply provided by the company you bought the cameras off - or did you buy it seperately?
The client supplied the units, so it was his suppliers.
The 53V and 56V POE Injectors are virtually identical. The printing on the plastic and the plastic moldings is identical. (probably made in the same factory) The sticker/label was the only way i could see that they was not identical. But what tipped me off was the price...

53V $20 USD
56V $60 USD

Everyone said it was "a Power issue."
However what didn't make sense to me was that it would work for x1 Day, Then Fail at night then be in a boot loop for the next 3 days irrespective if it was day or night, I'm just grateful nothing is permanently damaged

Well Done, glad you've solved it.

Just for long-term reference / for anybody who lands here in the future:
3 volts will not make a significant difference.
It is just a carrier voltage, that allows the POE to go the long 100m distance over small cable cores without suffering significant volt-drop.
IIRC the spec for POE allows the voltage to be anywhere between 35 & 57 volts.

The price difference indicates that there was some other significant difference.
e.g. that the cheaper unit was lower power.
Or, something we used to see often in the early days (with Ubiqiti being the biggest villain) that the POE injector did not comply with the IEEE802.3 standard and/or was a passive device (unable to check the load / perform a handshake and supply the appropriate power required).

I already have one of these coming in the mail. "

Ubiquiti EdgePoint POE-54V-80W 54V 80W Gigabit Ethernet PoE Adapter"​

Do you think it will be adequate? Or should I send it back? BTW ^35USD half the price of the Suplet (Las60-57Cn-Rj45)

Well Done, glad you've solved it.

Just for long-term reference / for anybody who lands here in the future:
3 volts will not make a significant difference.
It is just a carrier voltage, that allows the POE to go the long 100m distance over small cable cores without suffering significant volt-drop.
IIRC the spec for POE allows the voltage to be anywhere between 35 & 57 volts.

The price difference indicates that there was some other significant difference.
e.g. that the cheaper unit was lower power.
Or, something we used to see often in the early days (with Ubiqiti being the biggest villain) that the POE injector did not comply with the IEEE802.3 standard and/or was a passive device (unable to check the load / perform a handshake and supply the appropriate power required).
So i am Assuming it was a "AMP" issue aka "Ampere"
The 53V 60W unit has a 1.13 amp Rating. sent the unit into a boot loop
The 55V 60W Generic has a 1.25 amp Rating=. This is the widely accepted generic (Brand: POE PLUS -) PSE65WI
I have a AXIS PTZ 55v 60w POE which is Rated @1.35 amp
I am currently using a 90w POE which is rated @ 1.6 amp (Brand: POE PLUS -) PSE90WI
The Hikvision SUPLET is a 60w 56v 2 amp

Yes, it is most likely that the units that you initially tried were not able to supply enough power / cope with the current drawn by your PTZ.

Back