01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-7208HUHI-K2/P firmware upgrade for ColorVu camera support?

flylife2k

Hi all,

I have the DS-7208HUHI-K2/P DVR currently on firmware v4.20.001, Build 190430 and i'm looking to add a ColorVu camera to the existing 4 non ColorVu cameras I have connected. However when I connect the ColorVu camera it does not seem to be detected although that said the light on the ColorVu camera does come on when its dark. The DVR supports POC and the camera is powered as such. Assuming I need a newer firmware I just cannot figure out which one I need, and not wanting to brick it

I believing the firmware is K71, I can see there are a few newer versions since v4.20.001, Build 190430 according to...
however I am unsure if I can go to the latest version for this model (assuming not) and if the upgrade route is indeed available for this DVR for support of ColorVu

I believe this DVR does support ColorVu cameras as I have found retailers selling this DVR as a package with ColorVu cameras as a bundle so assuming it does (?)

Any help will be hugely appreciated
Thank you

Solution
Hi all,

I have the DS-7208HUHI-K2/P DVR currently on firmware v4.20.001, Build 190430 and i'm looking to add a ColorVu camera to the existing 4 non ColorVu cameras I have connected. However when I connect the ColorVu camera it does not seem to be detected although that said the light on the ColorVu camera does come on when its dark. The DVR supports POC and the camera is powered as such. Assuming I need a newer firmware I just cannot figure out which one I need, and not wanting to brick it

I believing the firmware is K71, I can see there are a few newer versions since v4.20.001, Build 190430 according to...
Hi all,

however I am unsure if I can go to the latest version for this model (assuming not) and if the upgrade route is indeed available for this DVR for support of ColorVu

I believe this DVR does support ColorVu cameras as I have found retailers selling this DVR as a package with ColorVu cameras as a bundle so assuming it does (?)

Any help will be hugely appreciated
Thank you
My guess is that the HDTVi (HD analogue) ColorVu camera is one of the 3K resolution models. The older firmware in your DVR doesn't support 3K so it will need a firmware update to work. Not all DVR models have a firmware update to resolve this. If yours doesn't you would need to either replace the camera with a non 3K ColorVu model or connect the current camera to a more up to date DVR and see if the resolution can be switched to the standard 5MP format before reconnecting it to yours.

Edit: I've just found the firmware you need. It's here in the '3K customised firmware' folder on the UK portal. Let us know how you get on:

3K Firmware

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Solution
That has worked!! ColorVu camera now working! Thank you very much for taking the time out to help!!

New firmware is still v4.20.001 however build has now incremented to Build 211008 :)

Upvote 0
Just to take this further the reason I went for a ColorVu camera was because of the Smart Hybrid technology (not fond of the light always being on at dark) which my camera is

Watching this space for a hopeful firmware release also catering for this new ColorVu Smart Hybrid technology - will update here if I come across anything should one be released for this DVR model (or if anyone comes across one which accommodates please post), thank you

Upvote 0
That has worked!! ColorVu camera now working! Thank you very much for taking the time out to help!!

New firmware is still v4.20.001 however build has now incremented to Build 211008 :)
Yes 4.20.001 is the latest so the newer firmware will be a specific patch to make it compatible with the 3K resolution.

Upvote 0
Watching this space for a hopeful firmware release also catering for this new ColorVu Smart Hybrid technology - will update here if I come across anything should one be released for this DVR model (or if anyone comes across one which accommodates please post), thank you
Not worked much with analogue hybrid Hikvision cameras but I'm pretty sure the 'hyrbid' light side of the camera will only work with their newer 'AI' DVRs which support motion detection 2.0 human/vehicle analysis. The DVR needs to detect a human/vehicle and sends a signal to the camera to flick the light on. You will need to upgrade to the iDS-7208HUHI-M2/P to make use of this feature

Upvote 0
Back