01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware What's the latest firmware for my inherited DVR DS-7208HUHI-K1?

zip

Hi there!

I've inherited a Hikvision DVR, model is DS-7208HUHI-K1. I found this site from googling but no links were provided for download in this thread with the same model: Firmware - Latest firmware for my HIKVISION DS-7208HUHI-K1 DVR?

Closest webpage I can find on the Hikvision website is this End Of Life DS-7208HUHI-K1-E: DS-7208HUHI-K1/E
Although that has -e at the end, so not sure if it is the same or different in some way.

I believe mine needs it's firmware updating as it's currently on V3.5.30 build 171209 but I couldn't find my model in https://www.hikvision.com/uk/support/download/firmware/

The closest firmware for my model I can find are these:
So I don't end up bricking my device I thought it best to ask if any of these are the correct firmware for my discontinued model and if I need to do an incremental upgrade. Also, is there any way to backup the current firmware so I can rollback if needed?

Thanks and kind regards, Zip

Solution
Hi there!

I've inherited a Hikvision DVR, model is DS-7208HUHI-K1. I found this site from googling but no links were provided for download in this thread with the same model: Firmware - Latest firmware for my HIKVISION DS-7208HUHI-K1 DVR?

Closest webpage I can find on the Hikvision website is this End Of Life DS-7208HUHI-K1-E: DS-7208HUHI-K1/E
Although that has -e at the end, so not sure if it is the same or different in some way.

I believe mine needs it's firmware updating as it's currently on V3.5.30 build 171209 but I couldn't find my model in https://www.hikvision.com/uk/support/download/firmware/

The closest firmware for my model I can find are these:
So I don't end up bricking my device I thought it best to ask if any of these are the correct firmware for my discontinued model and if I need to do an incremental upgrade. Also, is there any way to backup the current firmware so I can rollback if needed?

Thanks and kind regards, Z
I think the latest is 4.25.xxx for that model. I'll have a look and post back....

It's a K71 so you want the page linked here. You need to jump through a few versions (not all) - I'll suggest which ones:

• Start with 4.20.000. CRITICAL. After the update when the recorder reboots, you must clear your browser history before navigating to the page again otherwise you'll get a 'page not found' or just rubbish on screen. As you're moving from version 3 to version 4 GUI, the appearance will change drastically - it's a completely different interface.
  • Then 4.21.000
  • Then 4.25.001

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Upvote 1
Solution
Wow thank you both for the speedy replies and links, I couldn't see the wood for the trees!

I don't think I ever would have found that firmware manually searching haha

Good to know about the upgrade path steps, I will be sure to follow them.

Upvote 0
After upgrading to V3.5.511 Build 181225 it's lost it's network connection. Plugged a monitor into the DVR and I've now just got a black screen with the tile grid and when I right click > Menu it's asking for a Username and Password. I can enter a password but can't enter a username whether I use the mouse or keyboard, it just shows me a blank dropdown menu in the Username field. I tried default credentials in the password field like 1234, 0000 and admin but no joy.

I'm assuming it has had an issue and I will now need to install firmware from scratch using some form of TFTP method? Similar to

If so, which firmware version should I reset back to?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After upgrading to V3.5.511 Build 181225 it's lost it's network connection. Plugged a monitor into the DVR and I've now just got a black screen with the tile grid and when I right click > Menu it's asking for a Username and Password. I can enter a password but can't enter a username whether I use the mouse or keyboard, it just shows me a blank dropdown menu in the Username field. I tried default credentials in the password field like 1234, 0000 and admin but no joy.

I'm assuming it has had an issue and I will now need to install firmware from scratch using some form of TFTP method? Similar to

If so, which firmware version should I reset back to?
Did you clear your browser history before attempting to connect to the DVR? If not, do so. There are no default passwords anymore. The DVR would have the same admin password as it did prior to update. If it did lose all settings (and I've only seen this happen when downgrading, not upgrading), it would return to a deactivated state, where you are prompted to create a secure password at first boot (whether using the local menu or web browser)

Try using SADP tool to see whether the DVR is visible at all on the network and whether it's activated or not.

Upvote 0
Did you clear your browser history before attempting to connect to the DVR? If not, do so. There are no default passwords anymore. The DVR would have the same admin password as it did prior to update. If it did lose all settings (and I've only seen this happen when downgrading, not upgrading), it would return to a deactivated state, where you are prompted to create a secure password at first boot (whether using the local menu or web browser)

Try using SADP tool to see whether the DVR is visible at all on the network and whether it's activated or not.
I did and I can't connect to the DVR over my network as it hasn't been given an IP address.

The SADP tool isn't picking up anything even though my desktop and the DVR are on the same network :(

Upvote 0
I did and I can't connect to the DVR over my network as it hasn't been given an IP address.

The SADP tool isn't picking up anything even though my desktop and the DVR are on the same network :(
If it crashed, version 3 models use 192.0.0.64 (rather than DHCP). Using a laptop connect directly to the DVR after first changing the IP address of the laptop to 192.0.0.xxx so it's in the same range, then see if you can connect using a web browser or SADP.

Upvote 0
If it crashed, version 3 models use 192.0.0.64 (rather than DHCP). Using a laptop connect directly to the DVR after first changing the IP address of the laptop to 192.0.0.xxx so it's in the same range, then see if you can connect using a web browser or SADP.
Will do that now, thanks.

Upvote 0
No dice sadly. Laptop set to 192.0.0.128, SADP tool couldn't see it when connected via regular RJ45 ethernet cable (switched cable both ways round as don't have a crossover patch cable). Wouldn't show anything via web browser either.

Upvote 0
Happy to try TFTP or plug a USB into the DVR if I can somehow boot from the USB and flash the firmware on the DVR.

Upvote 0
No dice sadly. Laptop set to 192.0.0.128, SADP tool couldn't see it when connected via regular RJ45 ethernet cable (switched cable both ways round as don't have a crossover patch cable). Wouldn't show anything via web browser either.
I can't remember the last time I needed to use a crossover, as most kit these days switches automatically. Reversing the cable wouldn't make a difference as it's still a straight cable but if you just plug both devices (laptop and DVR) into a switch or router that'll make the connection correctly.

Happy to try TFTP or plug a USB into the DVR if I can somehow boot from the USB and flash the firmware on the DVR.
You can update from USB, but the NVR will not boot from it. You'd first have to get logged in, before carrying out the upgrade from the maintenance menu.

I'm surprised you've had an issue with a minor update 3.5.x to another 3.5.x. I've done many hundreds of updates without having an issue. I take it you've tried the magic reboot (pulled the plug)

Upvote 0
I had tried powering off at the switch on the DVR directly, but not unplugged directly. Just did that now though and still the same. Boots up, shows Embedded Net DVR logo and splash screen then goes to black with the camera grid, right click for popup menu and inability to get through the Menu option with Username and Password.

Upvote 0
My router is showing the device has a Connection Status of Connected, Connection Type of Wired but is showing "This device either does not support or is not configured for IPv4 addressing." for IP address. Tried with DHCP as was set to not use DHCP but no luck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Am guessing I will need to do something similar to this Cannot log in after Firmware update

If so, unsure which firmware version to start with to go back to default/factory settings. Could I just jump straight to the latest version?
Yeah you might have to try that. I'd try going directly to the first one that I listed (4.20.000). Then if that works and you can activate the unit with a new password, I'd go through the other two (4.20.000 and 4.25.001) using the web browser as normal. I've no experience with updating via TFTP unfortunately so can't advise further.

Upvote 0
Given TFTP a go from my laptop plugged directly into DVR again via ethernet with 192.0.0.128 address and the digicap.dav file in the same directory, nothing from the DVR. Thanks for all your help so far JB :) I'll see if my local CCTV chap who did it's service can help me out at all.

Upvote 0
Looks like I will need to buy a new DVR to resolve this issue and swap out the HDD from the old one.

Upvote 0
Back