01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect DS-7604NXI-K1/4P - no push notifications on IOS?

itrim

Hi guys,

Just installed a Hikvision system today updated with the latest firmware on nvr and cameras.

NVR: DS-7604NXI-K1/4P 4TB HDD
Camera: Hikvision DS-2CD2T46G2-ISU/SL 4MP Fixed IP Bullet (2.8 mm lens)

Issue:
hik-connect push notifications not working on iPhone devices, I have also noticed that the client could not share the NVR device to me or another user.
Both using iPhone and I have an android phone devices.

Is anyone else having this issue or does it take time for the NVR to sync up with Hikvision backend servers?

Kind regards,

Hi @itrim - how did you add the NVR to Hik-Connect?
Did you use the option to scan the QR code, add by the NVR's serial number, or use the IP adding method?
Also, in the events you need notifications for, have you ticked "notify surveillance centre" on the platform access page in the NVR's settings?

Hi Kyle,

Did you use the option to scan the QR code: Yes
Have you ticked "notify surveillance centre" on the platform access page in the NVR's settings: Do you mean the Linkage Method with notify surveillance centre option selected?
If yes, then I have the Linkage Method with notify surveillance centre option selected ticked for all cameras with human detection.

What I found strange was that the client was not able to share device to another other user, it would go through the process of sharing but nothing would be send to the other users to accept, so the other user also had to scan QR code

thank you for your assistance with this issue

Apologies, yes, I meant the Linkage Method page!
The sharing issue you mention is strange - we haven't seen this before...

Are the gateway address and DNS servers set correctly on the NVR?
Also, which version of Hik-Connect is installed on the iPhone and Android devices?
Is the firmware you've installed V4.76.005_231012?
It's also worth using the Hik-Connect portal to add it via serial number like explained below, as it's traditionally been more reliable than using the QR codes:

Hi Kyle,

The client called just this morning to say that the push notications are now working as they should when system is armed, maybe it took time to sync up with Hikvision. I will report back if it happens again

Back