01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Hikvision doorbell - sound for motion detection?

daijie2024

Hi – I recently added a Hikvision doorbell and indoor station (DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) and DS-KH6320-WTE1). This adds to a system including a DS-7616NI-I2/16P NVR and 10 various Hikvision cameras. The doorbell is set up and rings through to the indoor station. All the other cameras are also added to the indoor station and can be viewed as Live View. Also – all are set up to show on Hik-Connect.

The other functionality I want to achieve is for a sound to play – ideally on the indoor station – when motion is detected on the doorbell (similar to Ring functionality). Motion detection on the doorbell is all set up and works. However – as far as I can see – it is not possible to trigger a sound to play on the indoor station (please let me know if it is – this would solve my problem).

So as a workaround, I have set up an old iphone with Hik-Connect configured based near the indoor station. In Settings/Device Notification Settings I have enabled Push Event Notifications for the doorbell and disabled for all the other cameras (I don’t want audible notifications for other motion detection). This works fine as a workaround – except that every day at midnight, the disabling of Push Notifications for the NVR resets. I have been through settings on every individual camera and doorbell, and on the NVR and on Hik-Connect and all settings are synced.

So – is there a solution please, a) a better way to trigger an audible notification for motion detection from the doorbell (I don’t want it on my personal phone – I want to hear it in the house); or b) how to stop the Hik-Connect Push Notification setting being reset every day.

Many thanks!

Back