01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS 7608NI-K2/8P NVR and New cameras compatibility?

Halfaudio

Hello gentlemen.
Slightly confused as to what the new cameras can do like AcuSense or ColourVu.
I have DS 7608NI-K2/8P With 2x 8mp dome and 3mp bullet cameras.
I wanted to buy another 8mp camera, but the market is flooded with new tech are the new cameras like AcuSense compatible with my nvr and can I use the new feature to get rid of the wasted time and space cat recording dilemma with this new camera? I understand that is the face recognition feature or have I misunderstood this?
If it doesn't work like that can I use the ds-2cd2386g2-iu as similar brand alternative with built in mic as extra?
Thank you for taking the time and reading this, if you don't know the answer that's fine if you do please feel free to enlighten me with your knowledge.

Hi @Halfaudio

Yes, the K-series NVR will support the Human/Vehicle filtering AcuSense feature of cameras like the 2386G2-IU, this feature can be enabled on most smart events to reduce false event triggers (e.g. in your case you can tick "Human' so that the event will only trigger on humans and not cats and other objects).

Do be aware though that the new 8MP AcuSense/ColorVu cameras use a lot more bandwidth than the older 8MP cameras, so if you plan in the future to add more 8MP AcuSense cameras you might at that point need to consider upgrading the NVR to a new DS-7608NI-M2/8P M-series NVR which supports more incoming bandwidth.

Back