01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-7608NXI-I2/S VS DS-7608NXI-I2/S(C) NVR and firmware?

simo910

Hi guys,

I need help about the difference from these two version of HikVision NVR

what (C) stand for? I have the DS-7608NXI-I2/S version and firmware stuck to 210108 pretty old, can I force firmware 230619 designed for DS-7608NXI-I2/S(C)?

hardware looks same, I understand that (C) version is Pro Series, and the other is Pro Series with AcuSense

thank you for helping me
Simon

Solution
Hi guys,

what (C) stand for? I have the DS-7608NXI-I2/S version and firmware stuck to 210108 pretty old, can I force firmware 230619 designed for DS-7608NXI-I2/S(C)?

hardware looks same, I understand that (C) version is Pro Series, and the other is Pro Series with AcuSense

thank you for helping me
Simon
The C is a hardware revision. They may have the same model number and look identical but they’re not. As they use a different firmware platform, you cannot use the newer firmware on the older model.
Hi guys,

thank you for helping me
Simon
The C is a hardware revision. They may have the same model number and look identical but they’re not. As they use a different firmware platform, you cannot use the newer firmware on the older model.

Reactions: Dan
Upvote 1
Solution
Thank you for this information!

Have a nice holiday

Reactions: Dan
Upvote 0
Hi guys,

thank you for helping me
Simon
There are 2 versions of that model NVR the (C) and (E) version. Different hardware internally and thus the firmware differs between them.
The latest version of firmware for both versions can be found here.

Upvote 0
There are 2 versions of that model NVR the (C) and (E) version. Different hardware internally and thus the firmware differs between them.
The latest version of firmware for both versions can be found here.

Answered back on Christmas Eve

Upvote 0
Back