01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for I-Series AcuSense NVRs (with 5.0 GUI) - V5.01.060 build240110

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Update 26th January 2024 - Please read this whole thread BEFORE updating your NVR.

Hikvision has announced new firmware for their I-Series AcuSense Network Video Recorders - V5.01.060 build240110

This firmware brings the new 5.0 GUI to the I-series AcuSense NVRs [DS-76xx/77xx/86xx/96xxNXI-I2/I4/I8/S(E)].

IMPORTANT - This new firmware appears to only apply to the latest (E) versions of the I-series AcuSense NVRs, it is not for the non-(C) or (C) models.

The Release Notes are attached.

Search for your model in the Hikvision Firmware Portal to locate the correct firmware file.

Reason of Upgrade

User interface innovation. Add new features and optimize product performance.

New features

1.【New User Interface of Local Output】
2.【New User Interface of Web】
3.【Support Smart Search Function】
4.【Support Slice Playback Function】
5.【Support Event Center】
6.【Support Device Group Management】
7.【Support Auto-Switch for Custom View】

Below are the NVR models that support this firmware version:

DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S(E)
DS-7608NXI-I2/S(E)
DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/S(E)
DS-7616NXI-I2/S(E)
DS-7632NXI-I2/16P/S(E)
DS-7632NXI-I2/S(E)
DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/S(E)
DS-7716NXI-I4/S(E)
DS-7732NXI-I4/16P/S(E)
DS-7732NXI-I4/S(E)
DS-8616NXI-I8/S(E)
DS-8632NXI-I8/24P/S(E)
DS-8632NXI-I8/S(E)
DS-8664NXI-I8/S(E)
DS-9616NXI-I8/S(E)
DS-9632NXI-I8/S(E)
DS-9664NXI-I8/S(E)

Attachments

• releasenote_AcuSense_NVR_V5.01.060_build240110_Release_Notes.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 167
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing, I have a model DS-7808NI-I2, firmware V4.61.025 build 220905
Do you happen to know if I can update this device with the new V5.01 firmware? If not, will there be an update released for this model?

Last edited:
Hi @Ray Arts

Currently, the 5.0 GUI firmware is only available for the latest AcuSense I-series NVRs (see the list above), the standard I-series NVRs (DS-76xx/77xx/96xxNI-I2/I4/I8/I16) have pretty much been made EOL by Hikvision and are unlikely to receive any more major firmware updates.

Real disappointing that Hik has made their best NVR obsolete so quickly. No support just because a new model came out? Bullshit.

We have so far seen no feedback for updating these model NVRs to the V5 GUI / latest firmware.
e.g. those listed in Post #1 in this thread.

However, based upon the feedback from many M-series NVR users after updating their NVRs we must advise caution before doing so.

i.e. unless you want to be a Beta tester it is probably wise to wait:

For the I-Series a new firmware release was posted. Apparently needed even for a non-supported (EOL) model.
There is no info on what has been improved.

Hi @Ray Arts

Where exactly have you found this new I-series firmware, the only place we could find what looked like new firmware for the I-series NVRs was on the Hikvision Global website, you do have to be careful using firmware from the Global site as this firmware can sometimes only apply to models in certain global regions.

For our UK/EU customers, we usually only recommend updating to firmware found either on the Hikvision UK website or on the Hikvision UK/EU download portals.

Thanks @Ray Arts

That link is for the MENA Hikvision site (see top right of the website), MENA stands for Middle East & North Africa and so probably the firmware found here (and probably on the Global site) is for I-series NVRs in the MENA region.

When I search the MENA website, newer NVR models like the M-series and AcuSense I-series are not available. This suggests that in the MENA region, the I-series NVRs are still a current model which is why they are receiving firmware that other regions are not.

That implies that following this site still allows us "I-series" users to continue to maintain our NVRs for the time being.

I suspect that we are not going to get official Hikvision clarification on this any time soon.
A newer firmware version may appear for the I-series in other regions (if they have developed newer firmware, then why not share it widely?).

People in regions other than MENA will have to wait and see.

Of course, if some brave guinea pig wants to try that MENA region firmware on their other region hardware it might provide some clues / hope / interest for others ...

I've took the plunge and installed the new firmware and it is running fine as far as I can see. Looking at the firmware version number, this seems like an incremental update, not a major release.

Back