01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry DS-KV6113-WPE1 bad audio quality?

Jami3

Has anyone else encountered an issue whereby the DS-KV6113-WPE1 has very bad incoming audio quality?

I cannot understand anyone at the door but they can hear me very well.

I have this device hooked up to POE - into a switch then about a 20m ethernet cable to a Ubiquiti router.

Has anyone else encountered an issue whereby the DS-KV6113-WPE1 has very bad incoming audio quality?

I cannot understand anyone at the door but they can hear me very well.

I have this device hooked up to POE - into a switch then about a 20m ethernet cable to a Ubiquiti router.
Just to clarify - is it quiet indoors or outdoors? If outdoors then I had the same issue on Thursday. It didn't matter what volume settings I used, speech from the indoor unit to the 6113 was inaudible outside. Try putting a call straight through to the app (ignoring the indoor unit):

- If you can hear speech clearly at the 6113 the microphone is faulty on the indoor unit - (KH6320-WTE1?)
- If the speech still cannot be heard clearly the speaker is faulty in the 6113

The first thing my supplier mentioned was to double check there was no protective film left on obscuring the speaker.

In my case speech was inaudible at the outdoor unit only during a connection to the indoor station (crystal clear when using the app). So we've determined the microphone on the indoor unit is faulty. I can't say I'm happy, everything is on the latest firmware (which fixed the laggy RTE input on the 6113) so it looks like faulty from new. Let us know if you get the same result.

Just to clarify - is it quiet indoors or outdoors? If outdoors then I had the same issue on Thursday. It didn't matter what volume settings I used, speech from the indoor unit to the 6113 was inaudible outside. Try putting a call straight through to the app (ignoring the indoor unit):

- If you can hear speech clearly at the 6113 the microphone is faulty on the indoor unit - (KH6320-WTE1?)
- If the speech still cannot be heard clearly the speaker is faulty in the 6113

The first thing my supplier mentioned was to double check there was no protective film left on obscuring the speaker.

In my case speech was inaudible at the outdoor unit only during a connection to the indoor station (crystal clear when using the app). So we've determined the microphone on the indoor unit is faulty. I can't say I'm happy, everything is on the latest firmware (which fixed the laggy RTE input on the 6113) so it looks like faulty from new. Let us know if you get the same result.
Thanks for sharing that.

I don't have the indoor unit in use, I should have specified that. Calls go from the 6113 to any mobile device logged into HikConnect.

Interestingly, the bad sound issue only occurs when two-way audio is enabled/a call. If I just listen to the incoming audio from the 6113 on my device, the sound is perfect.

As soon as I enable two-way audio which in turn causes my voice to come out of the 6113, the audio that is fed back to any mobile device is useless.

It's juttery - as if it's only allowing a few bits of data through to the mobile device per second.

I just tested different configurations of the video/audio settings - nothing makes any difference whatsoever.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-04 152227.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-04 152227.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 181
Thanks for sharing that.

I don't have the indoor unit in use, I should have specified that. Calls go from the 6113 to any mobile device logged into HikConnect.

Interestingly, the bad sound issue only occurs when two-way audio is enabled/a call. If I just listen to the incoming audio from the 6113 on my device, the sound is perfect.

As soon as I enable two-way audio which in turn causes my voice to come out of the 6113, the audio that is fed back to any mobile device is useless.

It's juttery - as if it's only allowing a few bits of data through to the mobile device per second.
Looking at your screenshot I'm guessing you've adjusted the three volume levels in the audio tab? By default they're all set to 8. My interface looks very different to yours; are you on the firmware? For my DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) it is 2.2.57_230110.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 11.35.07.png
Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 11.36.42.png

Looks like you have the newest version of the 6113.

I have the very original version, running the latest firmware for that original version.

I have adjusted the volumes. No difference at all. Starting to think I have a faulty unit.

It's always been this way but just never had the chance to diagnose it in the three years of owning it, unfortunately.

Thanks for helping debug @JB1970.

After going back and forth with Hik, we've pin pointed the issue to the fact that the 6113 doorbell unit is recording to an NVR.

When I took the doorbell out of the NVR (not physically, just the config for it) - the speech was clear again.

Are you able to advise if your newer 6113 is able to be recorded to an NVR as well as maintain clear two-way audio?

Thanks for helping debug @JB1970.

After going back and forth with Hik, we've pin pointed the issue to the fact that the 6113 doorbell unit is recording to an NVR.

When I took the doorbell out of the NVR (not physically, just the config for it) - the speech was clear again.

Are you able to advise if your newer 6113 is able to be recorded to an NVR as well as maintain clear two-way audio?
Yes I've just tried mine. My wife can hear me clearly at the 6113(c) and I can hear her clearly on the phone.

I have my 6113 paired with an indoor unit, but I do have the 6113 added as an additional IP camera on the NVR for 24/7 recording.

Thanks very much for testing that for me. Looks like I'll be selling my 6113(a) for a 6113(c).

For anyone else with the same issue, the solution was to sell the (a) model and buy the (c) model.

I can't speak the for (b) model but as confirmed by @JB1970, the (c) model does allow for recording to NVR while maintaining full 2-way audio.

Hi Jami and all. I have the same problem as described but with the 6113(c) that I bought just under a year ago as part of the DS-KIS603-P bundle (this bundle has the the DS-KV6113-WPE1 and the DS-KH6320-WTE1). I have updated firmware for each of these to the current versions (V2.2.65 build 230703 and V2.2.20 build 230601) as advised and provided by hik but the issue persists. I have also tried altering audio settings in iVMS-4200 but to no avail. The audio problem only occurs when I open the two way audio and this happens whether I use the indoor station to open live view and two way audio or use my phone through the Hikvision app to open live view and two way audio (same problems on doorbell calls when two way audio is opened). Is there any solution?

Any and all advice appreciated. Many thanks.

Back