01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) constantly disconnects from WiFi?

luzmaria2011

Hi all

Recently I bought DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) doorstation as a replacement for DS-KV6113-WPE1(B) that stopped working and from day one I'm constantly having an issue with disconnecting from WiFi.

It happens every 1 to 3 days. Only thing that I can do fix this is to put the doorstation into the access point mode (hold the call button for 10 secs) and run the network configuration through HikConnect. In this case it reconnects to WiFi almost immediately.

I'm using the latest firmware 2.2.65 231213. Any ideas why this could be happening?

Is there a possibility to see the log data somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi all

Recently I bought DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) doorstation as a replacement for DS-KV6113-WPE1(B) that stopped working and from day one I'm constantly having an issue with disconnecting from WiFi.

It happens every 1 to 3 days. Only thing that I can do fix this is to put the doorstation into the access point mode (hold the call button for 10 secs) and run the network configuration through HikConnect. In this case it reconnects to WiFi almost immediately.

I'm using the latest firmware 2.2.65 231213. Any ideas why this could be happening?

Is there a possibility to see the log data somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated.
I'm seeing an issue on one of mine also; it just gives the busy/engaged tone when the call button is pressed. It's the only one I have connected to WiFi, the rest are hard wired. I didn't even know about the 10 seconds hold to put it in AP mode so that's helpful as I would have taken it down and plugged it into a PoE supply.

In this case it was reported that it went offline after a particular caller; I wonder if that caller could've held the button pressed resulting in it disconnecting from it's usual WiFi.

Exactly, I'm also hearing the busy tone when it disconnected.

I don't think that's related to a long press by the user. To put the device into the AP mode you need to press it until the button starts to blink white. If you don't press long enough it will just make a regular call.

Anyway, it looks like an issue with this device. I reported this to Hik like a week ago but didn't get any answer.

Exactly, I'm also hearing the busy tone when it disconnected.

I don't think that's related to a long press by the user. To put the device into the AP mode you need to press it until the button starts to blink white. If you don't press long enough it will just make a regular call.

Anyway, it looks like an issue with this device. I reported this to Hik like a week ago but didn't get any answer.
You usually get a response with a case number straight away (then a random case closed e mail a few months later!). Does yours have its IP address from your WiFi using DHCP? I wonder if it's failing to negotiate when the DHCP lease expires from the router.

You usually get a response with a case number straight away (then a random case closed e mail a few months later!). Does yours have its IP address from your WiFi using DHCP? I wonder if it's failing to negotiate when the DHCP lease expires from the router.

I have the static IP assigned on my router to the door station so DHCP checkbox is disabled in the configuration

UPDATE: I just went to my router settings and forced door station to use only 2.4 GHz (actually it uses only 2.4 but I just wanted to mark this on the router). After that - door station disconnected. So I guess the issue is somewhere with reconnecting to WiFi when something changes (didn't check if it cannot reconnect also when e.g. there is a power outage). DS-KV6113-WPE1(B) also had similar bug but it was fixed like more than a year ago afair.

Last edited:
I have the static IP assigned on my router to the door station so DHCP checkbox is disabled in the configuration
I’d say that could be your problem. You can’t assign a static IP as such on the router, you are just reserving a DHCP address. So if you’ve reserved a DHCP address for the door station using the router, the DHCP option should be selected for the door station.

I’d say that could be your problem. You can’t assign a static IP as such on the router, you are just reserving a DHCP address. So if you’ve reserved a DHCP address for the door station using the router, the DHCP option should be selected for the door station.

Honestly speaking I didn't think about this because it worked with no issues with version B. I changed this and will see what happens.

Honestly speaking I didn't think about this because it worked with no issues with version B. I changed this and will see what happens.
I can't get mine working at all. I updated the firmware while in AP mode. I set it DHCP and entered the WiFi details and I get the 'WiFi Connected' message from the unit. The device shows in an IP scanner, SADP and the routers connected devices section (showing 80 Meg rate); however it is not pingable and I cannot connect using a web browser. If I put it back in AP mode, I cannot alter any settings because the WiFi networks are hidden until you tick the WiFi checkbox. Doing that takes it out of AP mode, and it becomes unreachable on the WiFi again. I'll have to cable it as it's not fit for purpose with WiFi.

I can't get mine working at all. I updated the firmware while in AP mode. I set it DHCP and entered the WiFi details and I get the 'WiFi Connected' message from the unit. The device shows in an IP scanner, SADP and the routers connected devices section (showing 80 Meg rate); however it is not pingable and I cannot connect using a web browser. If I put it back in AP mode, I cannot alter any settings because the WiFi networks are hidden until you tick the WiFi checkbox. Doing that takes it out of AP mode, and it becomes unreachable on the WiFi again. I'll have to cable it as it's not fit for purpose with WiFi.

Well stupid question - are you on the same WiFi and subnet? That caused me some problems a while ago. Other thing to check - try to connect with HikConnect on your mobile. This is how I do it to get this work again (three dots by the device - settings - network configuration). If you don't have the device in HikConnect just add it manually using S/N.

Well stupid question - are you on the same WiFi and subnet? That caused me some problems a while ago. Other thing to check - try to connect with HikConnect on your mobile. This is how I do it to get this work again (three dots by the device - settings - network configuration). If you don't have the device in HikConnect just add it manually using S/N.

Just to clarify - with WiFi also 2,4 GHz vs 5 GHz. I had to force my phone to use 2,4 GHz to complete configuration.

I'm experiencing the same issue with my DS-KV6113-WPE1(C). It keeps losing the Wi-Fi connection. That is, when I access the admin panel, all the settings are intact except for the Wi-Fi (even the checkbox isn't marked). And I have to set it up all over again. I've tried everything and nothing works. It's clearly a software bug that Hikvision should fix with a firmware update. But they haven't fixed it. Maybe we should write to them somewhere?

Back