01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Expiry Time of Recording and Retention?

richardjgreen

If the Recording Expiry Time option is enabled on a Channel, is there a way to "pin" a recording so that it is retained.

Example: to be GDPR compliant, you define a policy that states recordings held for no longer than 30-days and you configure that under Storage Scheduling, however, you have an event that you want to retain beyond the 30-day period.

I don't see an option to "pin" a recording so I am presuming that the only way to retain it beyond the 30-days is going to be to download it from the NVR.

Clarification: I know that GDPR doesn't say 30-days is the limit, I was just giving that as an example.

Last edited:
You can use the ‘lock file’ option during playback. That’ll ensure that when the drive is overwritten it’ll skip past the chunk that you’ve locked. In file management you can later search for files that are locked, either to export the video after they normally would’ve been overwritten or to unlock them, to reclaim the disk space

Is this an option which is only available via the local HDMI/VGA output? I don't see a lock option either via the Playback or the Search pages on the Web Interface.

Is this an option which is only available via the local HDMI/VGA output? I don't see a lock option either via the Playback or the Search pages on the Web Interface.
I’m sure it used to be possible while looking at the file list via browser but I’ve only ever used it in the local interface

Back