01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Setting my HikVision iDS-7208HUHI-M1/S to record for 30 days?

ANT

Dear all,
whether the DVR has the ability to determine the number of recording days?
For example, it is extremely important to me that it records for 30 days, neither -1 nor +1 day, regardless of the size of the HDD.
If possible, can I ask you to explain the steps?
Thank you very much!

Best regards,

SANT

Hi @ANT

If you log in to the DVR and go to Configuration > Storage > Schedule Settings you should see an Advanced button.

Click this and a box will pop up with several advanced settings including the option to set the number of days that recordings are held for.

If you want to record continuously for only 30 days you will need to make sure you actually have enough HDD space to record slightly more than 30 days of recording because if your storage space is too small you won't be able to record 30 days to begin with.

If you are unsure of the storage capacity you'll need, let us know the number of cameras you have connected to the DVR and their resolution and we'll be able to do a rough calculation for you.

Upvote 0
Hi @ANT

If you log in to the DVR and go to Configuration > Storage > Schedule Settings you should see an Advanced button.

Click this and a box will pop up with several advanced settings including the option to set the number of days that recordings are held for.

If you want to record continuously for only 30 days you will need to make sure you actually have enough HDD space to record slightly more than 30 days of recording because if your storage space is too small you won't be able to record 30 days to begin with.

If you are unsure of the storage capacity you'll need, let us know the number of cameras you have connected to the DVR and their resolution and we'll be able to do a rough calculation for you.
Hi @Dan,
Thank you for your swift responding!
I have 8TB HDD and 7cam.

Upvote 0
Back