01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iDS-7208HUHI-M1 DVR Motion/event recording records continuously?

Sanya1977

Hi. I have this iDS-7208HUHI-M1 (s/a) unit, which has a weird problem.

I've used the unit as 0-24 recording at my parent's house but wanted to save some HDD and I've tried to set it up to record only if motion detected on some channels.

The DVR has "I" functions so it can filter humans/vehicle during motion detection (like Acusense at IP cameras). It's working 95% good, coz I'm getting motion detection notifications only if human moving on the picture, and as well perfectly I have almost only human motion events if I search back the events on IVMS4200 on my PC remotely.

So, the problem is the next:

In events/ motion detection I have areas marked, human filter selected which is working well as I described above. If I change the recording schedule to "motion only" (green line) all the channels are recording continuously, like before, even if I change that to "event" (which should be line crossing or intrusion, but they aren't set or enabled).

More weird, it records endless even if I disable motion detection completely at events/motion.

So, what is triggering the DVR to record in motion only if the motion detection is disabled?

Why is it recording in "event" mode if no event?

It stops recording if I use Alarm, or Alarm AND Motion, but of course its not suitable for me.

The unit has V4.71.111 build 231206 firmware on it.
The cameras are hikvision 5MP colorvu models.

I expected it to work like my other system (Hik NVR), which triggers motion alarm (and recording) only if motion detected, and classified as human by the camera.

This DVR looks like can do this, coz I'm searching events in IVMS as "motion" and all the listed recordings are human (or our dumb cat) nothing else.

So why the local recording can't work like this?

Hi. I have this iDS-7208HUHI-M1 (s/a) unit, which has a weird problem.

I've used the unit as 0-24 recording at my parent's house but wanted to save some HDD and I've tried to set it up to record only if motion detected on some channels.

The DVR has "I" functions so it can filter humans/vehicle during motion detection (like Acusense at IP cameras). It's working 95% good, coz I'm getting motion detection notifications only if human moving on the picture, and as well perfectly I have almost only human motion events if I search back the events on IVMS4200 on my PC remotely.

So, the problem is the next:

In events/ motion detection I have areas marked, human filter selected which is working well as I described above. If I change the recording schedule to "motion only" (green line) all the channels are recording continuously, like before, even if I change that to "event" (which should be line crossing or intrusion, but they aren't set or enabled).

More weird, it records endless even if I disable motion detection completely at events/motion.

So, what is triggering the DVR to record in motion only if the motion detection is disabled?

Why is it recording in "event" mode if no event?

It stops recording if I use Alarm, or Alarm AND Motion, but of course its not suitable for me.

The unit has V4.71.111 build 231206 firmware on it.
The cameras are hikvision 5MP colorvu models.

I expected it to work like my other system (Hik NVR), which triggers motion alarm (and recording) only if motion detected, and classified as human by the camera.

This DVR looks like can do this, coz I'm searching events in IVMS as "motion" and all the listed recordings are human (or our dumb cat) nothing else.

So why the local recording can't work like this?
The iDS-7208HUHI-M1 model has a lot of bugs especially the iDS-7204HUHI-M1/E models are full of problems. My DVR also has its own mind like an AI that does whatever it likes even if you point it to just record motion detection it would not follow the settings.

Back