01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Events filtering on playback?

alexdel

Hi, I would like to ask a couple of things.

1) Hik Connect app has the option at playback of filtering event / human / vehicles.
My question is from where those events are coming? Are they from motion detection normal event or from smart events?
Also the option events what it concerns when I choose it? Does it brings both human and vehicles in one place or it mean something else?
For my case… I have motion detection enable to all my cameras as also smart events (mostly intrusion detection and line crossing)
So I would like to know what exactly I watch on playback.

2) This question concerns the NVR but is a chance to ask.
What exactly is the option “Save Camera VCA Data” and where is this option useful. I have still haven’t understand what it does.

Thank you all in advance!!!

Hi, I would like to ask a couple of things.

1) Hik Connect app has the option at playback of filtering event / human / vehicles.
My question is from where those events are coming? Are they from motion detection normal event or from smart events?
Also the option events what it concerns when I choose it? Does it brings both human and vehicles in one place or it mean something else?
For my case… I have motion detection enable to all my cameras as also smart events (mostly intrusion detection and line crossing)
So I would like to know what exactly I watch on playback.

What exactly is the option “Save Camera VCA Data” and where is this option useful. I have still haven’t understand what it does.

Thank you all in advance!!!
Any help???

Upvote 0
Both.
Events would highlight all events - Human, Vehicle and any other event you have configured
I always turn it on. The VCA data would be used when you search for an event that you didn’t setup. Smart search or space rule as it’s now called where you define an area or line on screen and search. The data is sent from the camera to the NVR with the video stream. If the box is unchecked, the NVR stores the video but deletes that data.

Upvote 0
I always turn it on. The VCA data would be used when you search for an event that you didn’t setup. Smart search or space rule as it’s now called where you define an area or line on screen and search. The data is sent from the camera to the NVR with the video stream. If the box is unchecked, the NVR stores the video but deletes that data.

Thanks, I never knew what that did either... just left if checked anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Both.

Events would highlight all events - Human, Vehicle and any other event you have configured

Thanks for your help!!!
Also one more thing...
I got what "Save camera VCA data" from GUI menu does.
In web interface (video & audio menu - Display info on stream) there is also an option that says "Enable Dual VCA". What is this for?

I am a little confused because i cannot find those 2 options respectively in there different interface.
For example, i cannot find the option "Save camera VCA data" in the web menu (only exists in NVR GUI menu)
as also with the option "Enable Dual VCA" where it only exists in web menu and i cannot find it anywhere in the GUI menu

Thank you for your help!!!

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help!!!
Also one more thing...
I got what "Save camera VCA data" from GUI menu does.
In web interface (video & audio menu - Display info on stream) there is also an option that says "Enable Dual VCA". What is this for?

I am a little confused because i cannot find those 2 options respectively in there different interface.
For example, i cannot find the option "Save camera VCA data" in the web menu (only exists in NVR GUI menu)
as also with the option "Enable Dual VCA" where it only exists in web menu and i cannot find it anywhere in the GUI menu

Thank you for your help!!!
The two are both needed. 'Enable Dual VCA' is a setting that can be set from the NVR but it's saved on the camera. That setting has always been there and allows the camera to send Video Content Analysis data alongside the video stream. In recent times (the last two years [ish]), the NVR setting to "Save Camera VCA Data" was added to NVR firmware. That ensures that the data (if sent) is kept and not discarded. I imagine that the saving of the data may have some performance/storage impact (I'm only surmising) and that discarding it is an option if it'll never be used. I always ensure both the options are selected.

Upvote 0
The two are both needed. 'Enable Dual VCA' is a setting that can be set from the NVR but it's saved on the camera. That setting has always been there and allows the camera to send Video Content Analysis data alongside the video stream. In recent times (the last two years [ish]), the NVR setting to "Save Camera VCA Data" was added to NVR firmware. That ensures that the data (if sent) is kept and not discarded. I imagine that the saving of the data may have some performance/storage impact (I'm only surmising) and that discarding it is an option if it'll never be used. I always ensure both the options are selected.
Thank you very much for your help!!!

Upvote 0
Back