01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Understanding playback timeline event markers?

Ianc

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Can anyone explain how the event markers work on the Hik-Connect playback timeline?

I am having detection issues which I will detail in a separate thread. But, I am getting many smart event markers on the playback timeline for vehicle and human.
When played back, most of these markers are of humans and vehicles moving well outside of the set detection areas.

I obviously don't get any push notifications because they are outside the set detection areas, just wondering if it is intentional for all movement within the camera field of view to be timestamped?

Attachments

• IMG_E95.JPG
    IMG_E95.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 49
wondering if it is intentional for all movement within the camera field of view to be timestamped?

I've noticed the same... seems to have happened in one of the last new Hik-connect releases? It's a (good?) new feature?

just wondering if it is intentional for all movement within the camera field of view to be timestamped?

Does anyone know the answer? Even Hik's own documentation fails to give any info on how this is supposed to work.

I've noticed the same... seems to have happened in one of the last new Hik-connect releases? It's a (good?) new feature?

If it is intentional for everything that moves in the whole field of view to be timestamped, then yes it's a good thing, as long as there are no false notifications.

If it is intentional for everything that moves in the whole field of view to be timestamped, then yes it's a good thing, as long as there are no false notifications.

I just took another look at mine, and it does seem like all "Person" and "Vehicle" movements are being marked on the timeline, regardless of any events set up on the camera... I think @JB1970 has mentioned how it takes quite a while for the timeline to load... it sure does... maybe it's because this analysis is being done each time a camera is selected for playback? It doesn't seem like there are false notifications but it's difficult for me to really check because I have the NVR 5.0 Hik-connect playback stutter bug :)

It does take a little while for the timeline to load, but I think it depends on how many events the app has to pull in. With few events its a matter of a second.
A full days worth can take up to ten!
I recall @JB1970 mentioning that too but I think it was in relation to the NVRv5 firmware, i'm still on v4.63.025
Its obviously a new feature that I hadn't noticed..

Back