01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No event notifications and reliability of detection?

Ianc

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I have three cameras with acusense with an M series NVR. They have been set up for some time now.

1x 2366G2-IU (C) (v5.7.14_231028) - covering the rear garden
2x 2347G2_LU (non C) (v5.5.801_211105) - one covering the rear drive and the other the front garden and gate.

The issues I am experiencing are sometimes line crossing and intrusion smart events are not being sent to Hik-Connect. When they do, there is sometimes a 5+ second delay before the notification comes through. I can live with the delay, it’s the missing notifications that concern me and it seems to be happening more frequently.

I know that some events are not coming through as I know someone has entered the detection areas.
Milk is on the front step, or a parcel has been left by the back door, or there is post in the letterbox.

This isn’t unique to one camera and happens any time of day or night.

Wednesday morning I happened to be awake to hear the milkman driving around. I was waiting for the notification but didn’t get one.
Checking playback in the app for the time the milkman came shows him walking up the path and into the detection area.
The same happened again this morning, milk on front step and no event notification. Plus my wife walked out the back door, down the drive and drove the car off, again with no notifications?

Other than firmware updates nothing has changed over the last fourteen months.

I have many event markers on the timeline, I was of the impression that these smart event markers were actual detected events? Some of them when played back are people well outside the detection area. Unsure if this is intentional.

At the moment I have a system that has become totally unreliable. NVR has been rebooted and cams rebooted but same issues persist.
It would seems there is some conflict or mismatch going on so I’m wondering if anyone has any ideas on where to look before I factory reset the cameras and start again as if a new install.

Last edited:
Which firmware are you using on your NVR, and which version of iOS/Android Hik-Connect are you using please?

Also, are you only using intrusion detection and line crossing on the cameras, or motion detection too?

Also, for the examples like below where you know you should have got notifications, could you check the NVR logs for these periods please to see whether the events were actually triggered on the NVR (in the 'Maintenance' menu)? You should be able to select 'Alarm' as the major type to search for event triggers:
Wednesday morning I happened to be awake to hear the milkman driving around. I was waiting for the notification but didn’t get one.
Checking playback in the app for the time the milkman came shows him walking up the path and into the detection area.
The same happened again this morning, milk on front step and no event notification. Plus my wife walked out the back door, down the drive and drove the car off, again with no notifications?

Hi Kyle.

M series NVR is on v4.63.025_231201 (I'm holding off installing v5)
iOS app v6.2.20

I just use Intrusion detection and line crossing smart events.

I have checked the logs for Wednesday and Today and between the hours of 1 and 8am on Wednesday there is only one event trigger for intrusion and none for line crossing when my wife left by the back door at 07.14 and nothing at all for the milkman at the front Door at 04.02

For today between 1 and 8am there were no event triggers in the logs at all despite the milkman at 04.37 and wife leaving at 07.15

wed 13.PNG
fri 15.JPG
IMG_5901.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Kyle.

M series NVR is on v4.63.025_231201 (I'm holding off installing v5)
iOS app v6.2.20

I just use Intrusion detection and line crossing smart events.

I have checked the logs for Wednesday and Today and between the hours of 1 and 8am on Wednesday there is only one event trigger for intrusion and none for line crossing when my wife left by the back door at 07.14 and nothing at all for the milkman at the front Door at 04.02

For today between 1 and 8am there were no event triggers in the logs at all despite the milkman at 04.37 and wife leaving at 07.15

View attachment 10751
View attachment 10752
View attachment 10753
@Ianc. It seems that it's not so much missing notifications but missing events from what you're describing. I'd try to diagnose and adjust your detection settings to see whether you can get more reliable triggers. On your Hik-Connect app go to:

Me > Settings and turn on 'Display VCA Rule'. That will allow you to walk test your alarms, enabling you to see on your phone screen when it is/isn't triggering. The overlay helps you make adjustments as necessary. If you're using both intrusion and line crossing, to avoid confusion I'd probably switch one off while testing the other, as there'll be a lot to decipher on screen.

No Notifications for me too
Live view and Playback is OK
  • Hik-Connect 6.2.18.0229 Samsung S Android 14
  • DS-7608NXI-K2 __ V4.82.000build 240224

Me > Settings and turn on 'Display VCA Rule'. That will allow you to walk test your alarms, enabling you to see on your phone screen when it is/isn't triggering. The overlay helps you make adjustments as necessary. If you're using both intrusion and line crossing, to avoid confusion I'd probably switch one off while testing the other, as there'll be a lot to decipher on screen.

I have tried the Display VCA Rule.
Walk testing each camera, i'm highlighted by the green box which turns red when I enter the detection areas or cross the lines.

Annoying thing is I then get a DHL delivery and again no notification or log entry!!!
Its so hit and miss.

I am aware the two ColorVu cameras are now EOL and are getting no further firmware updates, so I am considering resetting one of them and re-configuring the smart events to see if that solves the problem.

No Notifications for me too
Live view and Playback is OK
  • Hik-Connect 6.2.18.0229 Samsung S Android 14
  • DS-7608NXI-K2 __ V4.82.000build 240224
I'm sat plugged into a 7604NXI-K1 as I type this, pre-configuring it for install next week. I'm undecided whether to put 4.82.000 on it (off the shelf today it has 4.76.005 on) Your post makes me think I'll regret it if I do :)

Hi @JB1970
I don't know. I 've checked everything about in app Device notifications, everything in notifications in Android system and app Notifications-Permissions, battery power saving(OFF), re-installed app, reboot Samsung, checked NVR GUI, checked User Authentication Center
Live view, VCA Rule, Highlight Moving Objects, Playback are OK.
Linkage Action-Notify Surveillance Center checked on both NVR and camera

I cannot be sure if I make a mistake, but I believe it could be the 4.82.000 as you mention above.

**** I 'll try enabling Camera's Platform Access and inform you

Last edited:
Hi @JB1970
I don't know. I 've checked everything about in app Device notifications, everything in notifications in Android system and app Notifications-Permissions, battery power saving(OFF), re-installed app, reboot Samsung, checked NVR GUI, checked User Authentication Center
Live view, VCA Rule, Highlight Moving Objects, Playback are OK.

I cannot be sure if I make a mistake, but I believe it could be the 4.82.000 as you mention above.
I've loaded 4.82 but this is a 7604K1 - as we've mentioned the files may be different due to their size. The download is from the 7604NXI-K1 product page (though as you mentioned that model is not listed in the release notes supported versions) and the file size (decompressed) is 232MB. I'll plug in teh cameras and transfer it to my personal HC account to see whether notifications work normally (or not). Will let you know....

Yes the DS-2CD2047G2H gives notifications. The NVR is not
OK so this is a little strange and a little complicated so bear with me...

I manage all of my devices with my Hik-Partner Pro account. The NVR with 4.82 was in a new site created for my customer, ready for handover. In order to test the notifications I added a camera and programmed motion and line crossing to have the 'notify surveillance center' option. I then 'handed over by sharing' the site from my Hik-Partner Pro to my personal Hik-Connect account with all permissions. When triggered I received no notifications, but the motion and line crossing events are present in the logs so I know they worked. I then deleted the site completely from Hik Partner Pro and added it directly to my personal Hik-Connect account. At that point all push notifications started working normally.

So it's a long shot, but are you using Hik-Partner Pro and sharing the device to your Hik-Connect account? I've never used the 'Handover by sharing' option in Hik-Partner Pro before; I always use 'Handover by Transferring' on completion of an installation. Other than that strange behaviour, notifications are working fine with 4.82 for me.

**** I 'll try enabling Camera's Platform Access and inform you
Notify Surveillance Center should only be checked on the NVR and only the NVR should be added to Hik-Connect using Platform access. All event handling is done from the NVR. The NVR is used to program events, events are sent from the camera to the NVR, the NVR processes the event and sends it to Hik-Connect.

I have found another bug during this testing. Every time I click 'save' after enabling notify surveillance center, I get the following error:

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 18.21.01.png

There's no reason for that...I only have one 4MP camera connected

Last edited:
No I do not have Hik-partner pro.
Notify Surveillance Center on camera GUI settings I think is enabled by itself after saving on NVR GUI or NVR iVMS/browser settings(not sure)
New problem here, and thats why I said before that sometimes I don't know if everything I say and suggest is completely wrong.
By enabling Platform Access on camera, Detection issue started again. A mess.
So, I believe there is something wrong with Hik-Connect. This is preventing or altering the previous settings by NVR or camera. New adds on app, possibly regions, or what to detect and notify, could cause this.
So I disabled Platform Access again for the camera and detection came back. I really don't understand and don't know what to say.
About @Ollie issue, this happened again, could do nothing and problem was solved by itself after almost fifteen minutes. Possibly too many changes in Hik server cause this issue
Sorry @JB1970. Don't know what to say ...

Last edited:
No I do not have Hik-partner pro.
Notify Surveillance Center on camera GUI settings is enabled by itself after saving on NVR GUI or NVR iVMS/browser settings
New problem here, and thats why I said before that sometimes I don't know if everything I say and suggest is completely wrong.
By enabling Platform Access on camera, Detection issue started again. A mess.
So, I believe there is something wrong with Hik-Connect. This is preventing or altering the previous settings by NVR or camera. New adds on app, possibly regions, or what to detect and notify, could cause this.
So I disabled Platform Access again for the camera and detection came back. I really don't understand and don't know what to say.
About @lanc issue, this happened again, could do nothing and problem was solved by itself after almost fifteen minutes. Possibly too many changes in Hik server cause this issue
Sorry @JB1970. Don't know what to say :-(
If the cameras are connected to the NVR PoE ports, Platform access and notify surveillance center is only needed on the NVR. It shouldn't cause any problem if it's enabled as the cameras have no connection to the internet behind the NVR but I can easily try that on this one to see if it causes an issue. if the cameras are connected to the NVR for recording but are physically connected to the local network rather than the NVR, that's a different matter, as the cameras would send events out as well as the NVR

Another thing that I noticed:
After resetting NXI and installing 4.82.000 when enabling Platform access through ivms4200 nvr network settings, I could not add a six digit encryption password. "Valid password range [8-16]. You can use a combination of numbers, lowercase, uppercase and special character for your password with at least two kinds of them contained."
Went back to NVR GUI and from there I could add a 6 digit encryption password.
I don't remember this for previous firmwares.
Could this be the reason for not sending push notifications?

Another thing that I noticed:
After resetting NXI and installing 4.82.000 when enabling Platform access through ivms4200 nvr network settings, I could not add a six digit encryption password. "Valid password range [8-16]. You can use a combination of numbers, lowercase, uppercase and special character for your password with at least two kinds of them contained."
Went back to NVR GUI and from there I could add a 6 digit encryption password".
I don't remember this for previous firmwares.
Could this be the reason for not sending push notifications?
It shouldn't matter if the encryption password is only used to add the device to your account. I did notice the same, as I usually just put something that's quick to type on the keyboard such as 123qwe. I do that as I'm just setting that encryption password to add the device to Hik-Connect then immediately disabling the encryption. I just turned on the options in camera as well (notify and platform access) and the alerts are still coming through from the NVR so I'm unable to repeat what you're seeing.

@ Ianc and @JB1970
I think I figured out what it was
In Hik-Connect app, under the NVR name there are the cameras.
Under the cameras there are 3 icons: Playback, Arm and Area.
By selecting Arm there are three options: Arm, Arm Silently, Disarm.
By pressing Arm the problem was solved and Notifications are OK.
I had never noticed before. Maybe it was selected by default.
The problem is that even if pressing one of three above options, all three of them remain fade and someone cannot understand which is selected

@lanc and @JB1970
I think I figured out what it was
In Hik-Connect app, under the NVR name there are the cameras.
Under the cameras there are 3 icons: Playback, Arm and Area.
By selecting Arm there are three options: Arm, Arm Silently, Disarm.
By pressing Arm the problem was solved and Notifications are OK.
I had never noticed before. Maybe it was selected by default.
The problem is that even if pressing one of three above options, all three of them remain fade and someone cannot understand which is selected
What I've found with the NVRs that support the individual arming of cameras in Hik-Connect, is that by default they show armed when the NVR is set up for the first time, but notifications don't come through. Disarming then rearming them using that right hand of the three icons on the app Home Screen gets things working normally. I usually create areas using the + button in order to zone the cameras in groups. The 4.82 firmware for the 4 channel NXI-K does not give that individual arming option in Hik-Connect; the icons are missing.

Have not added any camera to an area, but it seems to receive notifications for all of them.
I 'll try this tomorrow
Thanks JB

Goodnight

The 4.82 firmware for the 4 channel NXI-K does not give that individual arming option in Hik-Connect; the icons are missing.
It works for my NXI-K2
Created two areas for three cameras. Home Screen middle button(shield with cross) arms Arms silently and disarms all cameras(all NXI-K2). Home screen Right button(beacon strobe), opens Area, there are two icons for two areas and arms, arms silently, disarms areas individually

Attachments

• area.png
    area.png
    226 KB · Views: 30
It works for my NXI-K2
Created two areas for three cameras. Home Screen middle button(shield with cross) arms Arms silently and disarms all cameras(all NXI-K2). Home screen Right button(beacon strobe), opens Area, there are two icons for two areas and arms, arms silently, disarms areas individually
Yes, unusual it’s missing on the different model using the same platform. For reference’Arm Silently’ only affects Siren/Strobe models (it doesn’t allow the notification while muting the phones alert tone). Areas are very handy for grouping and the ability to switch on/off specific camera sets

Back