01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No event notifications and reliability of detection?

These are the current detection areas:

cam2 intr.jpg
Cam4 intr.jpg

I have now redrawn line crossing to see if that starts working again:

cam2 lcd.jpg
Cam4 lcd.jpg

I'd say your 'min' box on the drive is too large/wide. When someone comes up the drive toward the camera, it looks as though they could be narrower than that box on approach to the line so they possible wouldn't be a valid target. The minimum box has to be both narrower than the target and shorter than the target from the cameras perspective at that point in the field of view; IE they must meet those sizes before they reach the line.

Similarly for the intrusion. Look at your image of the drive. The perceived width of the gap between the car and fence (at the back of the car/far point from the camera) is narrower than the width of the min box. For the target to be valid on approach to the camera coming up the drive, they'd have to be too fat to pass between the car and fence. Get someone to stand at the back corner of the car at a point before they would enter the intrusion area and draw the box smaller in both width and height to that person.

My box below fills the gap between car and fence (as perceived by the camera at that point) so on approach A > B if I fit through the gap I'm narrower than your minimum and will not be a valid target.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 21.55.46.png

Last edited:
The minimum box has to be both narrower than the target and shorter than the target from the cameras perspective at that point in the field of view; IE they must meet those sizes before they reach the line.

Thanks for that info.

I wasn't aware that the target had to breach both height AND width of the 'min' box to be deemed valid.
In all the examples I have seen for setting max/min boxes, including Hik's own documentation, they are all drawn as squares rather than rectangles. I naturally assumed that if a potential target was either larger in height OR width it would be deemed valid and trigger.

Thanks for that info.

I wasn't aware that the target had to breach both height AND width of the 'min' box to be deemed valid.
In all the examples I have seen for setting max/min boxes, including Hik's own documentation, they are all drawn as squares rather than rectangles. I naturally assumed that if a potential target was either larger in height OR width it would be deemed valid and trigger.
I've no evidence of that but it's what I would assume. If it were a random square/rectangle it would be just looking at volume of pixels x times y. The main thing is that you do those sizes according to the position of the line. In your case minimum needs to be smaller than the area of a human before they reach the line coming up the drive toward the door. As you've set the line crossing bi directional, like intrusion, maximum would need to be set to the maximum area of a person that's stood just outside your side door. I'd always recommend making minimum too small and maximum too large; ensure all required targets are triggering an event and then adjust sizes for false alert reduction.

Makes perfect sense. After all, a human is not typically square. :)
I guess its a case here of me looking too deep and overlooking what should be obvious!

I will do some more 'tweaking' and check the results.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back