01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Smart Event not triggering no matter what I do?

timearnshaw

I'm fairly experienced with Hikvision, having a 5 camera system and Hik NVR running the past couple of years so i'm used to their, ahem, quirks where it works one day and then for no apparent reason stops working on another day when nothing has changed.

My system has been fairly stable the past few months and lulled me into a false sense of security I guess so i decided to add on another camera, which required me to use a multiplexer (as i had a single ethernet cable going to the corner of the house and wanted another camera around the corner.)

Got the camera set up easily enough (the multiplexer USE IP sell is very good btw) as in it was detected by the system, I added to it and pictures were flowing / was able to login and configure everything via the NVR easily enough.

The problem i'm having is that the old camera which i had to temporarily disconnect to add the new one, and the new one, are not working with intrusion detection no matter what i do. The old one as i say was working fine for months and none of the config was changed (it went back into the same port of the PoE albeit via the multiplexer) and all its config remained the same. I configured the new camera for Smart Event Intrusion detection in the NVR. But neither of them are triggering recording even when i set the sensitivity to max and dance around like a madman in front of them.

The original camera is a DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL, the new one is a DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 mini PTZ. The NVR is a DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P.

I configured the smart event in the nvr, i've rebooted the NVR and the cameras several times but still the smart event isn't getting detected and triggering. I've deleted the detection areas via the NVR, saved, enabled and disabled intrusion detection in the NVR several times, still nothing. The schedule is set to 24 hours per day, the action is set correctly to record the correct channel, nothing i do can get it to work. Firmware all up to date across all cameras and NVR.

Any suggestions appreciated at this point!

And one other thing in case anybody knows - is it possible with a smart event for the footage to show a box or something to highlight the region of the picture which led to the event being triggered? I believe you can do this with motion detection basic event but cant see it's possible with.

Thanks

Tim

Hi @timearnshaw
I have a similar issue with DS-2CD2047G2H-LIU and Smart Events.
Targets are not detected in front and close to camera, but are detected far in front and far on both sides, left and right. Mainly when target moves near to far or far to near.
Have tried multiple combinations of regions, lines, sensitivities and Target validity.
Cannot solve and cannot find other solution than using Motion Detection set at 20 Sensitivity and searching Events by Playback-Event-Space Rules-Motion Detection.
This problem I cannot bypass and many others that I can some way bypass, are very complicated problems and sometimes I feel I am posting wrong observations. I have never had a similar confusion in my life, working on electronics for more than 35 years.
I believe Hik products are of the best in quality and technology. But I have nothing positive to say about their firmwares.
Try the motion Detection

Back