01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Most reliable event trigger type during night?

Ray Arts

Hi all,

I've tried numerous ways to have reliable event triggering at night.
The point is that around midnight, my smart event triggers are not registering anything.

I tried Intrusion detection as this is my favorite detection mechanism with all of the options (sensitivity high up ; human/vehicle enable/disable) etc.
I also tried good old Line Crossing detection and they fail to register an event as well.
I tried configuring events through camera settings and through NVR, nothing seems to resolve the issue.
I did reset one of the camera's to flush any wrong configured parameter.

During daytime, all events are working flawlessly.
I thought the limited lighting at night must be the issue but when replaying the recording, the lighting is fairly reasonable and I use the supporting light feature from the camera's.

NVR: DS-7808NI-I2
Camera's: DS-2CD2387G2-LU
All firmware up to date.

What would be the next action plan?

All firmware up to date.
I don't think it's necessarily a firmware issue but always post the versions to prove that they are up to date. Sometimes versions are released in quick succession...Up to date for a very short time

Can you see if there is target detection at night? The green rectagle that surrounds the target.

I don't have "Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion" activated as this belongs to Motion Detection, not Line Crossing detection.
Or am I missing something here.

I don't have "Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion" activated as this belongs to Motion Detection, not Line Crossing detection.
Or am I missing something here.
In your Hik-Connect app - Me > Settings > Display VCA Rule. The overlays will allow you to see what's happening while you wander around in your detection area.

Green target in rectangle is detection and tracking.
Red line or region(area) and red target rectangle is an alarm as set in your Configuration.

(sensitivity high up ;
If there is no detection at all, unfortunately there is no real Sensitivity adjustment for detection and tracking(possibly hidden in an advanced menu, but not for us) on Smart Events.
The so called Sensitivity, is about percentage of target entering your region or crossing the line so that to give an alarm. 90 means that 10% of target size has crossed the line or entered the region.

Attachments

• detectandalarm.png
    detectandalarm.png
    477.6 KB · Views: 20
Back