01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Smart event vehicle detection linkage action?

MACCCTV

I have a Hikvision NVR DS-7716NXI with several CCTV cameras including an ANPR.

I have enabled the Vehicle Detection setting on the NVR to perform a SMART EVENT when the ANPR triggers a vehicle detection.
The Linkage Action is enabled for 'Notify Surveillance' & 'Send Email'.

The problem is that I get the emails ok but no detection alarms appear on the HIKVISION phone app (iPhone).

Not sure what I should be setting for the Trigger Alarm Output. Currently it is set to no 'locals' and 3 IP Addresses - 2 of them the same - one with >1 & >2.
The Trigger Channel is set to D2 (ANPR camera) and the PTZ linkage is set to the ANPR camera.

The Platform Access is set to 'litedev.eu.hik-connect.com' and the Status is ONLINE.

To test if other alarms are getting through to the phone app, I have set up a 'Perimeter Protection' option for 'Line Crossing' and these alarm messages arrive on my phone ok.

Any ideas/suggestions to get the Vehicle Detection alarms appearing via the phone app would be gratefully appreciated.

Hi @MACCCTV
I may be imagining it, but I have a feeling Hikvision told me at one point that ANPR / vehicle detection Hik-Connect notifications don't work.
I've asked them to confirm, but it would explain why you're seeing email notifications work fine as well as Hik-Connect notifications for the other events.
Could you let us know the model number of the ANPR camera, and also the firmware you're running on the camera and NVR, please?

Hi Kyle,

Many thanks for your response.

The Smart Event did work ok on the previous router but I have upgraded to a Starlink Router (with a 'TP-LINK AX7800 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6' Router attached for a MESH network.) The problem may lie within this new configuration but I'm not sure what to do if it is this and as some notifications get through it may be a 'red herring' anyway?

ANPR = Hikvision Darkfighter 2MP 1080P 100m IR ANPR Bullet Camera iDS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZHSY 8mm - 32mm

Firmware = V4. 40.405, Build 201112

Thanks

I was imagining it, they've confirmed you can receive ANPR notifications :)

Is the camera connected to the NVR directly, or via a separate switch?

Apparently, you need to check the following things:
  1. On the vehicle detection event settings on both the NVR and camera directly, make sure 'notify surveillance centre' is ticked.
  2. Make sure the area settings have carried over from the NVR to the camera.
  3. If the camera is connected to a separate POE switch, make sure that the gateway address is set (as the router's IP), and the DNS servers are set.
Also, if you can, power the ANPR camera on a separate switch and try configuring the event only on this (rather than getting the NVR to send it), as apparently this should work better.

Hi Kyle,

Thanks again for your quick response.

All cameras have direct connection to the NVR.

1. Notify Surveillance Centre is ticked for both NVR & ANPR camera.
2. Not sure what you mean by ‘area settings’?
3. Are there any instructions on how to set up a Separate POE Switch?

Many thanks

By area settings, I mean your trigger lines and borders on the Detection Configuration page for Vehicle Detection.

Also, have you got "Road Traffic" set for the camera in the VCA > VCA Resource menu?
And are you using the latest version of Hik-Connect on your app store?

For the separate POE switch, you'll need to plug the camera into an 802.3at POE switch, and then follow these instructions, so it is sitting on your local network like the NVR is:

You can then add it to your NVR manually using the new local IP address as explained here:

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the info & instructions.

- Area settings are registered & match on NVR & Camera.
- Road Traffic is set.
- I have the latest HIK-Connect Version on my phone.

If I go down the POE switch option, can I assume that all the functionality of the NVR would be lost for the ANPR camera?
Although I get the images of vehicles via email, the storage of number plates on the NVR is an advantage as they are very easy to read.

Thanks

I think you can still use the POE switch to set the camera up to work without the NVR, and then also add it to the NVR across the network using the LAN IP address (see the second link in my last post) with full ANPR functionality.

My only concern is event settings clashing, but any settings on the NVR should be carried over to the camera anyway.

I would also install a microSD card in the camera, so that the number plates are also stores locally as well as on the NVR - you'll then be able to see them when you log into the camera directly.

Thanks Kyle. Impressed by your prompt replies!

If I can get the ANPR Camera to work over the POE switch, then I can remove the need for event recording/actions on the NVR so removing any clashes.
Will let you know how I get on...

Many thanks for all your help.

No worries, let us know how you get on as we can always pick it up again if the switch doesn't improve things.

BTW, a POE injector will also work and may be cheaper, as it just has one POE output port (as opposed to multiple on a switch).

Back