01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect No event person vehicle on hik connect app timeline?

nevertomorrow

Hi guys.

I have searched and searched online and on this forum to find nothing about activating the event, person, vehicle tabs on the timeline.
I recently done a factory reset on my device and I'm unable to get this feature back in the hik connect app.
I had this issue before and I know I had to enable something for it to show up in the app, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

So at the moment the app is just showing the continuous timeline and not giving me the option to select human or vehicle.
I have set the NVR up to detect this which it is in live view from the NVR but I guess it's not sending these events to the app.
Notify surveillance centre is not what I'm looking for it's just the event person vehicle tab on the timeline.

Any help would be great. I have attached 2 photos, 1 photo is what I see and 2nd photo is what I used to see before factory resetting my NVR.

Model
DS-7608NXI-I2 / 8P/S

Cam:
DS-2CD2387G2-LU

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-04-09 at 19.02.54_00eaac73.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-09 at 19.02.54_00eaac73.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 28
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-04-09 at 19.02.35_cf496b64.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-09 at 19.02.35_cf496b64.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 29
Hi guys.

I have searched and search online and on this forum to find nothing about activating the event, person, vehicle tabs on timeline.
I recently done a factory reset on my device and im unable to get this feture back in the hik connect app.
I had this issue before and i know i had to enable somthing for it to show up in the app but i can't for the life of me remember what it was.

So at the moment the app is just showing the continues timeline and not giving me the option to select human or vehicle. I have set the NVR up to detect this which it is in live view from the NVR but i guess it's not sending these events to the app.
Notify surveillance centre is not what im looking for it's just the event person vehicle tab on the timeline.

Any help would be great. I have attached 2 photos, 1 photo is what i see and 2nd photo is what i use to see before factory resetting my NVR.

Model
DS-7608NXI-I2 / 8P/S

Cam:
DS-2CD2387G2-LU
If the NVR has the feature available in the firmware (yours must do as you had it working previously), the Human, Vehicle, Event filters should be visible in the Hik-Connect playback. However the NVR must be added to the same Hik-Connect account that the mobile device app is logged into. If the NVR has been added to the Hik-Connect app as a local device or added using its IP address the feature is unavailable.

If the NVR has the feature available in the firmware (yours must do as you had it working previously), the Human, Vehicle, Event filters should be visible in the Hik-Connect playback. However the NVR must be added to the same Hik-Connect account that the mobile device app is logged into. If the NVR has been added to the Hik-Connect app as a local device or added using its IP address the feature is unavailable.

yep that's what i understood. nvr added through the qr code and hik connect is logged in as my main account... very frustrating i can't find it again.

yep that's what i understood. nvr added through the qr code and hik connect is logged in as my main account... very frustrating i can't find it again.
In the NVR menu on the monitor there's a setting for 'Save Camera VCA Data'. That would need to be on. I can't remember exactly where it is as my NVR is on the newfangled V5 UI but I think it's in Storage > Advanced

In the NVR menu on the monitor there's a setting for 'Save Camera VCA Data'. That would need to be on. I can't remember exactly where it is as my NVR is on the newfangled V5 UI but I think it's in Storage > Advanced

Hmm i seem to have the event vehicle human selection back on the hik connect app now but they're not actually detecting the humans or vehicles. Although the app is sending push notifications it's not highlighting it on the playback time line like it used to. Maybe this question is for a different thread?

Back