01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to get motion detection working properly?

Hi @RexTheRunt

Sorry, I completely forgot that we had previously discussed the rotate mode, but my colleague @Kyle did point out in that rotate mode thread that enabling rotate mode would disable the smart events. You have to decide which is more important for your scene, the rotated FoV or the smart events.

In regards to the NVR model, it does appear to be a region-specific model because the UK/EU market has had (B), (C), and (D) models but never a (X) model. I think what confused things is that the physical box/hardware is EU but has been customised for the South African market with the firmware you received from Hikvision SA.
I think the X must in this instance refer to it being what we (in the UK) would call the NXI rather than the NI, as that is what firmware it is using (K20A9) and the screenshots show the NXI AcuSense features. The latest version of firmware in the UK for the K20A9/NXI model is 4.75.005_230630.

I guess if they use different model naming conventions and region specific firmware in the RSA then we're stumped. I checked on the Africa region website and they don't list any 4 channel NVRs, AcuSense or otherwise.

I guess if they use different model naming conventions and region specific firmware in the RSA then we're stumped. I checked on the Africa region website and they don't list any 4 channel NVRs, AcuSense or otherwise.
Yes, that's why I had to get it direct from Hikvision SA, and they told me this model is on it's way out and thus not listed. Sadly I only bought it in April. :-(

Back