01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7604NXI-K1/4P, Acusense camera, false recording problem?

Paul

Hello,

My system is set for human line-crossing detection, using camera detection (not NVR), with linkage to phone notification and recording.

The motion sensing is excellent with almost no false alarms for phone notification, but there are numerous false recordings without notification. This doesn't make sense as any detection should give both a notification and a recording, as per the linkage. During the false recordings, genuine human detections are blocked from making a notification, compromising security.

All other motion detection is off. I have the same problem with both cameras, with any smart detection (such as intrusion detection).
It seems that the 'event' recording schedule responds to all events, human or otherwise, rather than just alarm events. It is ignoring the 'human' tickbox. I think this is a bug.

I have made a workaround using the alarm out (which correctly responds to human detection) to trigger the alarm in, with the recording schedule set to alarm. This works perfectly, but it shouldn't be necessary to do this.

Has anyone experienced the same problem, and/or can suggest a more elegant solution?

Thanks,

Paul.

It's possible that although you have set up for the camera to handle the line crossing, that at some point you unknowingly configured the NVR to do it and the NVR event engine is still running in the background processing events. When you configure an event with the 'use device' box ticked (to use the NVR engine), unticking the box (later down the line) so that the camera handles it, does not remove the previous configuration - it's just hidden underneath your new config. Check if the event engine shows that it's running on the NVR and if so:

• select the camera
  • tick the 'use device' box and apply (as if you want to use the NVR)
  • clear and disable any configured events (line, intrusion, motion) to delete those event configs from the NVR and apply
  • untick the 'use device' box and apply (to set it back to the camera)
  • any line crossing that you previously set in the camera should still be there

Many thanks for your advice.
All NVR events are off and I have even cleared the arming schedules just to make sure.
Hikvision have now confirmed that the system is designed to record all events from Acusense cameras, ignoring the human and vehicle tick boxes, but to to take notice of these tick boxes for notification and alarm triggers, which is exactly what I am experiencing. They say this is to make sure that no events are missed. But during recording of these false alarm events notifications are blocked for genuine events, which ruins the reliability of the system to alert phones when a human intruder is detected.
Fortunately, I have a workaround by connecting alarm out to an alarm in and setting the recording schedule for alarm. This works perfectly, but is quite a convoluted solution.

Many thanks for your advice.
All NVR events are off and I have even cleared the arming schedules just to make sure.
Hikvision have now confirmed that the system is designed to record all events from Acusense cameras, ignoring the human and vehicle tick boxes, but to to take notice of these tick boxes for notification and alarm triggers, which is exactly what I am experiencing. They say this is to make sure that no events are missed. But during recording of these false alarm events notifications are blocked for genuine events, which ruins the reliability of the system to alert phones when a human intruder is detected.
Fortunately, I have a workaround by connecting alarm out to an alarm in and setting the recording schedule for alarm. This works perfectly, but is quite a convoluted solution.
I don't see this. I think the key thing here is that you have your system set using the event recording schedule. I never use that and always record 24/7. The only time I'd consider using event recording, is if it's a standalone camera (no NVR) recording to its internal SD card.

My 'normal' setup is:
  • use the camera VCA as you have (as using the NVR restricts you to motion or line crossing rather than both)
  • I set motion detection with human filter and a 24/7 schedule without notifications. This covers a wider area
  • I set line crossing (or intrusion) with human filter and a 24/7 schedule with notifications. That covers a more specific area
That ensures everything is recorded. I can easily filter to 'human only' when playing back in the NVR or Hik-Connect app but I only get notifications to the phone when the target passes a certain point.

Your setup is very different to mine. I'm trying to avoid 24/7 recording, though it is the safest bet.
The problem I have may be specific to Acusense cameras using camera VCA (it doesn't happen with NVR VCA) and maybe specific to my firmware version. Hikvision have been asked by my supplier to consider a firmware update with an 'alarm-event' recording schedule option that always take notice of the 'human' and 'vehicle' tick boxes.
I have a workaround fortunately.

Back